Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

i feel hopeless

10 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of the BEST things you can do is Bikram Yoga. believe me I have seen many many people with serious serious injures and even folks with multiple Scelosis (spelling) do this yoga and get so much better over time. It will not happen with one visit but in a small amount of time you will see huge differences. The owner of our studio had a very serious accident and they told her she would not walk and be on meds all her life and here she is teaching yoga. Give it a try and it is great for your mental state too!
10 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear want to succeed,

Although I'm in good health generally, before I came to this site I was using alcohol to wind down from stressful work and to blot out feelings I couldn't deal with. I only realised later that alcohol was part of why I felt isolated and depressed. It blinded my mind to the good things in life, and I constantly compared myself with other people who I thought were handling life so much better.

What I did, when I couldn't live with myself like that any longer, was to reach out to other people who had trodden the same path. They're the best source of help but we have to take the first step and ask. Going to AA changed my whole outlook because I was no longer alone with the problem. That makes all the difference.

Consider calling your local group, they will gladly come and talk to you or help you get to a meeting and learn more. I hope you can also find support groups out there for your other health issues. As mothers we can be very self-reliant and reluctant to admit we need help but sometimes we have to. Focus on connecting with other people in your situation and the answers will come.

You are not alone, and if you're willing to make changes as your name suggests you have every reason to be hopeful!
10 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello want to succeed, 

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling hopeless. Have you tried visiting any alternative therapists to see if they might have other suggestions or ideas for helping improve your quality of life? It might be worth inquiring about. 

In your case you'll have to start thinking outside the box to come up with ideas on activities and things you can do within your limitations. Join a club, take up a hobby (scrapbooking, learning an instrument, learn to knit, learn to draw, learn a new language, photography..etc). Try to find something you are passionate about and get into it!

Wishing you all the best,
Samantha, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
what does a person do in my situation????? I use to be very active and loved physical work, I have been home for the past 15 years after my last birth, the birth ruined my pelvic joints, for the past five years now I cant do almost anything, cant vacuum, cant work, cant sit for long, cant stand for long, sleeping is painful, anything around the house causes major pain, to the point that I walk like if I was 90 years old, doctors have tried everything and now they say that I have to learn to live with the pain, no pain killers or anything, I am bored doing nothing, I look at things that needs to be done and cant, I am like a big vegetable, I need to find something to do, but cant figure out what, what is a person like me is to do when you cant do anything anymore because then I am in major pain, I know that alcohol doesn't help the pain and don't want to use it anymore, but life is very boring being stuck like me, anything anybody can give me as ideals. PLEASE what am I to do???

Reading this thread: