Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Starting an excercise program

11 years ago 0 234 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Splitimage,
You'll get it, sometimes we need a bit of our nerves to tremble (at least I do) when I try something new. 

11 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone
Calabash - I'm a bit nervous about yoga, although my best friend is totally into it, and keeps urging me to try it.   I'm still trying to decipher the class schedules, but will definitely try one of the easy yoga classes.

Jessica - I kind of have a goal.   I'd like to lose 60 lbs by my 45'th birthday, which is next Feb.   That should be entirely doable.   Shorter term I really want to improve my cardio fitness.   But mostly I'm just excited.   

splitimage

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds fun!  Let us know how aquafit goes.  So great that Spring is (sort of) arrived.  Just getting outdoors more often can do wonders!
11 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Splitimage.  Just want to put in a plug for yoga. There is something amazing about a practice that incorporates strength, balance, flexibility, endurance and stress reduction.  Since starting yoga ten years ago I have recovered from Stage 4 cancer, lost 20 pounds and found the weapon agains my inheritance of alchoholism  and depression (thanks Dad).  I am by no means perfect, and still struggle mightily, but find that yoga gives me the courage and strength to carry on. 
11 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad to hear that you are ready to make another change.  have you set a fitness goal yet? or are you just still really excited about getting out there and getting started?  
11 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now that I've got the drinking thing kind of under control, although I have to remain vigilant, I've decided to tackle the next area of my life that I'm not happy with - being fat and totally out of shape.
Yesterday I went to the Y that is only a 15 min. bus ride away and had a tour.   It looks like a good facility and they have lots of classes - I especially want to try Aquafit.     So I'm going back on Mon. with my chequebook, to join, and I'm going to start working out.    I'm really excited about this, as I view it as the next stage in my recovery.

splitimage

Reading this thread: