Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Music and your body

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I listen to a lot of really relaxing music, like Norah Jones, A Fine Frenzy, Adele, Bon Iver. This type of music makes me feel mellow, happy, calm. Having said that, when I'm the mood dance, I like anything fast and catchy! Dancing is another stress relief and has also helped me stay sober. I am lucky to have a great boyfriend who dances with me in the living room, he's wonderful!

Ray

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ray,

I'm glad to hear that music has helped you get through some challenges. What genres do you tend to listen to most? Any specific artists, songs that you would like to share?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Music has helped me get through the lowest of the lows! Without music my life would be a totally different story. At times certain songs have been almost like anthems for me, whether it was to help me during a break up or now to help me stay sober! I appreciate many genres of music. You can't help what music you love! If it makes you feel good and want to dance then do it!

What kind of music do you all like? Has it helped you?

Ray 

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Music therapy :

We are all exposed to music on a daily basis. Whether we listen to music on the radio while driving in our car, through earphones on our personal music device (ipod…etc), in a store or at the doctors office, we all listen to music at one point or another. Have you ever wondered if music is beneficial? Does it have a therapeutic effect on us? The article at the link below explains how music affects us and why music therapy promotes health.  

http://stress.about.com/od/tensiontamers/a/music_therapy.htm

Members, how has music helped you? When do you find yourself listening to music? What genre of music helps relax you?

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator  

Reading this thread: