Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Health issues from alcohol

10 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And I will try it too :-)
Thank you so much toxicsoul. And I think she has a juicer. I will certainly tell her about it.
10 years ago 0 345 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hors contole,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain your weight training routine. I am on a mission to be healthy and remain strong as I age. The thought of depending on anyone or becoming a burden to my kids is unacceptable to me.

The cabbage juice recipe that cured me is just straight raw cabbage juice. I have a juicer and juiced an entire cabbage (about 4 cups of juice) then drank it over the course of a day. I drank it on an empty stomach as it is supposed to be the most effective that way. (Certainly eat meals between doses.)

Some people find it can be a little hard on them and the taste is not great. Should that be the case for your mom, add a couple of carrots and perhaps cut back on the amount but extend the number of days....for some, depending on the ailment, it may take up to a month. It only took a week for me and it resolved my problem whereas doctors were ineffectual along with causing me a lot of  annoyance and expense between appointments, tests, procedures and meds. You can google "Cabbage juice cure" and find lots of info. Apparently this cure has been known since 1949. So much for doctors having their patients back.

Ho toxicsoul, I am not sure they still use gold salt anymore. It was very strong and getting very expensive too but it worked. I will have to spend some time looking into the gluten-free diet. It seems to work for many persons. I love meat but I can go without it for weeks. One rheumatologist told me once that feeling stress increase the symptoms of arthritis and I believe this since I can really feel more pain when I am under a lot of stress.
Cabbage juice?? How do you do this? Just the sounds of it tastes awful. lol. I could try it. I love cabbage. I could put my mom on it too. She is always complaining about that pain in her stomach. I have a modified version. I train for one hour and a quarter but only once per week. The important thing is to do all the reps and increase the weight. I do 15-10-5 then 5-10-15. I alternate between 2 sets of exercises every time. I do sit-up and leg raises first because I find it is the hardest, and a few more exercises for the tummy. Then I bench press or dumbbell fly. Then I work the shoulder-Bi-Tri by doing upright row or side lateral, hammer or barbell curl and overhead or lying dumbbell extension. Then I do the quads-hams-calves by doing leg extension or pliés with a barbell, barbell deadlift or leg curl and standing calf raise. Depending on the exercise I increase the weight between each set by 2 1/2 to 10 pounds. It is amazing how you get stronger week after week. Your hands do get stronger just by griping the bars. I have started again 4 weeks ago after my son emptied his stuff from my gym and I can already feel the difference. Let me know how it goes and that cabbage juice recipe. Do they give it on the site?
Hi Dave,

I did check out the Body for Life workout but I didn't see anything specific for the hands unless it is included through default when using weights. I'm interested in what you do  hors controle  specifically since you said you've developed a compressed version of the workout.

And yes, I have watched the video "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" which inspired me to start juicing. (And no, I'm not fat, more on the thinner side.) For the last few years I had terrible stomach pain. I used a lot of antacids, had a scope done, they found nothing, put me on nexium, the nexium was ineffective, bla, bla, bla. Finally, I found out that cabbage juice had natural healing properties. I drank four cups of cabbage juice per day for about a week and ta da, no more issues with my stomach. Guess I should have remembered that earlier for rcguy. Now I drink a combination of veggies sweetened with apple (as cabbage is kinda vile on its own) juiced a couple of times a week for insurance. Never want to go back to that pain again. Didn't really connect the dots that it was contributing to my joint health.

BTW, alcohol, according to nutritiondata.com is not a contributory factor to inflammation...milk, yes, juice yes, but not alcohol. However, alcohol does impair, among other things, your bodies ability to utilize nutrients which is one of the reasons doctors tell you to abstain or moderate.
10 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi hors contrôle,

I did some research on Body for Life and it looks like a great workout. I haven't come across a workout where you do 6 sets before and it looks pretty comprehensive. Thank for the reference!

TS, have you tried juicing? I have a friend who watching a video called "Fat, Sick, ad nearly dead" (not suggesting for a second you're any of these :) and I pan to try the juicing this week. Aside from the weight loss he's experiencing, he said the most profound difference he's seen is the reduction in his arthritis and he has some real problems with it. 
Hi hors controle,

I've never heard of gold salt injections. Can't imagine having to swallow so many pills every day especially at such a young age. The gluten free diet seems to help although I've taken it a bit further than that. I also do not consume any dairy products, beef, pork or chicken. Right now I'm pain free but I do have swelling in my finger joints. I am now studying anti-inflammatory diets in hopes of reducing the swelling if possible. I am very fearful of developing the deformities that my mother had.

I'm really interested in learning more about exactly what you do during your weight training exercises. Perhaps you could expand upon your regime.

Thanks,
toxicsoul
Hi Dave, I tried a lot of program, even with personal trainer but this one really works. It is very intense but after a short while, once per week is enough to keep you tone. I became a lot stronger with it. And I really believe that keeping muscled and toned around the joints removes the pressure on the joints. If I don't train for a month I can hardly go up and down the stairs. 2 weeks after getting back into it, I don't have to hold the ramp anymore and go down one step at the time
So How is it going toxicsoul? Did the gluten free diet helped? I already eat pretty healthy, when I eat. lol but I am very curious about it. I have to do a little research about it. Weight training certainly helps. When I was 16 they put me on a regimen of 16 pills per day and gold salt injection every week and one day. a few years later, I just said no more. Good eating habits and weight training are keeping me straight, no crooked fingers or other body part yet.

Reading this thread: