Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

A new.. And the old

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jordanne,

I am sorry to hear all this. How is your ankle now? Are you able to walk at all?

It sounds like you are feeling embarrassed and remorseful about all this. This can be hard to deal with but let these feelings motivate you to be free of this addiction. How can you remind yourself of these feelings when cravings come on again?

Know that you are not alone in this. We can help you through it. To get started read through the program and do a keyword search in the support group to find discussions that pertain to you. The more information you can arm yourself with the better.

Stay strong.
Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I came off drinking for 5 days. I felt like I was energetic and for once in control. I had a friend stop by with a case of beer. I'm a sucker for peer pressure. I was embarrassed to tell my friend I'd quit. I had a few. Under the allusion I was back in control. Next day. I wake up with the shakes, sweats and panic. I call my local delivery service to bring me a case. I drink before its time to work. I feel tired and like ****. (Excuse the cussin in southern) I wanted to walk on out and fall asleep. I have realized that I had the potential to not drink. And how good or made me feel. (The not sleepin and energy was difficult to deal with. But id rather have that. Today. I gave in due to weakness. I drank. I still feel l still feel I can control it. I can't. I know in my heart I have what is called an addictive personality. However I managed to quit smokin. But the moment I drank. I'm back in. Tonight. I suggested we go out with carry on's abs check out the flooded dam. Not paying attention I fell into a hole and broke my ankle. Simply cause I'm a dumb drunk. Tho long it'

Reading this thread: