Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

16 days..feeling tired!

12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
janie,

16 days; you're doing so great! Hang in there! You are right that it may take your body some time to heal. Rest assured that cravings and symptoms will not last forever, however. What can you do in the meantime to ensure that you don't replace an unhealthy habit with another unhealthy habit (emotional eating)? Are there any activities that you can distract yourself with? Perhaps a hobby you used to have but don't dabble in much anymore? Many people also find that exercise helps with cravings, so you may want to consider a brisk walk when you feel a craving coming on. Please keep us posted on your progress; I'm looking forward to hearing your news at the 3 week mark.

Sonia
12 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have 16 days of sobriety so far, haven't gone more than a couple of days in many years. Feeling so tired, irritable and stressed. I know I spent years damaging my body and it will probably take quite a bit of time for my body to recover but it is still disappointing. I also am eating even when I really am not hungry, so it seems like I am just substituting for my cravings. Tired, hungry and blah is all I feel. I hope this passes before it drives me insane!

Reading this thread: