Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

June 4 was 15 months sober

10 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Rob and Ashley,

Ashley - I don't know it feels weird.    I'm very much in the process of rebuilding my life - living in transitional housing and applying for permanent housing, planning on going back to school in Jan. to finish my program, going to a lot of meetings and journaling a lot.    I'm dealing with a lot of emotions that I'd suppressed my entire adult life.   

In some ways my first year of sobriety was easier, because all I had to do was focus on not picking up that first drink.   Now I'm facing the bigger challenge of building a life without alcohol.

splitimage
10 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Splitimage,

thanks for the good news.  You are an inspiration.  It is great to be reminded of what is possible.

Rob
10 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Splitimage!

You sound very empowered - how does it feel to have worked so hard for this and succeeded?!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the longest time I've been sober, since I was around 9, so I'm pretty pleased.   Last time I had over a year, I relapsed shortly after 14 months, and it took me another 4 years to get back to a year.    I'm going to AA, working the steps, have a great sponsor, and am also making use of the Women for sobriety program, as well as Double Recovery = LOL I need lots of help.  

My life is far from perfect at the moment, but it's way better sober than if I was drinking, and at least now I have a chance to get my life back on track.

So to anyone new to the site, make use of the resources, and just take it one day at a time.

spliitimage

Reading this thread: