Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

First Month Sober

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Congratulations Marty! I am so happy for you. Happy because one month is a HUGE milestone and happy because you are facing toxicity in your life head on. The only way our is through and the hard work you are putting in now will pay off.

Keep up the great work!

How does it feel to let go of some of that toxicity?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sober is a better way. One day at a time.
9 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good work Marty! I'm right behind you chasing that first month. 

Interesting about what you said about being more depressing. I will watch out for that myself.

Cheers
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic progress Marty! Great work getting through your first month and focusing on the positive change in your life.

All the best,

Dave 
9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic progress Marty! Great work getting through your first month and focusing on the positive change in your life.

All the best,

Dave 
9 years ago 0 421 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job Marty!! It's good that you realize who the toxic people in life are. I think it's normal to be a little depressed. You're going through big changes mentally and physically . Hang in there and it will pass. It's Awsome that u can control urges and making it through vacation is hard! Good job!! 

9 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I was waiting to announce that I'm over one month sober.  After the milestone of vacation, there was the milestone of business meeting and I passed it also.  My health is significantly better, my daugher notice that my energy level is higher.  

On a mental level I feel a bit depressed.  I think it is because I was using alcohol to help me coping with some toxic people, toxic job and toxic situation.  Now that I see it as it is, I slowly getting rid of the toxicity around me.

What I'm happy with is that I didn't have any urges that I can't control.

Still going one day at the time breaking some milestones in staying sober.  

Marty

Reading this thread: