Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Ten months

8 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Gus, I will try again this week and it certainly help reading your posts, especially that stopping has no negative effect. Keep it up
8 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gus, congratulations on your ten month milestone!  What a wonderful thing to be alcohol free for that  long and to feel all the positives that brings.  I am so happy for you and proud of what you have done!  You have been a month ahead of me all this time and you have been a beacon ahead. I appreciate you taking the time to share with us and to let us know how it has been for you. I hope that your year continues to bring you good things.  Well done!
8 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,
I havent posted here in awhile. I quit drinking 10 months ago, after a couple unsuccessful attempts the previous year. I wanted to post here in hopes of giving someone an idea of two that may help them on their journey to getting alcohol under control, rather than having it control them.

I just have to say that this is the best year i have had in a long time. Drinking was really taking a toll on my mental well being. I didnt realize how badly it have effected me until I stopped.

For anyone considering quitting, i can only say that stopping alcohol has no negatvie effects that i can find. I have much better relationships with everyone. I sleep better. I eat better. My mental state is 100 percent better. My only regret is I didnt succeed sooner in stopping. 

Life still goes on. Challenges still pop up evey day. But i can deal with life better when Im not drinking.

I had a friend who lost his battle with the bottle a couple years back.  It hurts so much when I think about what it did to him. Too much drinking ruins too many lives!  I hate what drinking does to some people! 

Take care of yourselves everyone. 
Gus

Reading this thread: