Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Another Two Year Milestone

6 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done ladies - Lynn123 and Julie! We all started around the same time. We will have to start our own club??
Keep up the good work guys. 

If you told me two years ago that I would go two whole years without drinking, I wouldn't have thought it was possible. Now, this is the new norm. Not drinking is my new normal. 

I read an interesting blog someone wrote recently. The research they conducted showed that people are better off focusing  on habits rather than goals. Focusing on habits produces better long term outcomes apparently. So maybe when we struggle with things (like drinking), we need to focus on the habit, rather than setting a goal. Maybe we will get a better outcome that way???

6 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you herval gal, Julie, and Dave848 for your continued support.  Good luck to everyone!

6 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And you as well Gus!
6 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is absolutely fantastic Lynn123! Such an inspiring and positive example of what can be achieved. Well done!

And a fantastic job to you Julie! I've quite enjoyed reading your blog.

Peace!

D848
6 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lynn123,

How great to hear from you and that you have made your two year milestone with its many benefits.  That's fantastic! I remember when we were all starting out at about the same time. So glad to hear your update and that all is well with you!
6 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lynn123!
What an exceptional achievement! It's shares like yours that give me hope. 
6 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello!  Today marks 2 years that I decided not to let alcohol control my life and my only regret is that I didn’t do it long ago.  I gave up something that had become a focal point of my life and I don’t miss it. As a past everyday drinker I no longer wait for that “OK” time to drink.  On outing with friends I no longer wonder if I will be able to drink the way I want.  I’m no longer careful with what I eat during the day to save my calories for the large amount of alcohol that would be consumed later that day.  There are so many more benefits but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind when thoughts of having a drink pop into my mind.

I was a frequent visitor to this site and it helped me get to where I am today.  Everyone that comes here has their own story so each needs their own plan.  Good luck to everyone here in achieving their goal, it is possible no matter how hard it feels at times. 

Julie and Gus, I’m glad to see you are still doing well. You were both an inspiration to me during my AF journey. 

I wish everyone strength on their journey!

Reading this thread: