Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,676 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke

sober since i joined!

10 years ago 0 409 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you just about at two months sober now? That is wonderful!!
10 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i found new ways to deal with my stress. before i would only let it all out when i drank and that would lead to trouble, but now i have been going fishing a lot when i am stressed out and it helps relax me. i also have found other ways to deal with it like if i had a stressful day just going out in my yard and working in it for a few hours to let it all out. its amazing how much better i feel (and how good my yard looks lol) .  Also i had buddies who whenever i hung out with them it was just to drink. now i am still buddies with them but i dont hang out with them as much and instead have started hanging out with my friends who don't drink and help support and better my life.
10 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for posting this Froggy.

Congratulations on your success! How does it feel?

Also, I'm curious, what were the coping strategies you used to deal with stress?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic result froggysquasher, congratulations!
Thanks for sharing how things have been so far and what helped you along the way.

10 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Squasher! (what do have against little amphibians! :) . That's absolutely excellent and, if I calculate correctly, you're going on 2 months of moving away from a problem situation to a more positive life. I'm inspired.

What did you do to replace the stress release?

Keep it going!

Dave 
10 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As hard as it has been i have found its gotten easier and easier not drinking. when i first joined i was in a downhill spiral and ready to change my life around. i was tired of living my life in regret about what i had done the night before.  It hasnt all been easy but thanks to the support from people on this site that are going through what i have been going through and thanks to my wife and my friends support i have been sober since i joined!  It wasnt easy but i found a way to release my stress that i used to release through drinking by releasing it in more productive and positive things. Also i dont know hang out with the same people who liked to drink all the time so that was also a big help.

Reading this thread: