Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,649 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS, ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO

3 months

10 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work!!!  Congrats :D
10 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job Captain John! Getting through that dinner would have been tough. Normally we recommend avoiding these high trigger situations so you may want to avoid events like this until you are more confident in your quit.

Try not to worry too much about the sugar at this point but you will eventually want to get a handle on the sugar as well. Are there some healthier substitutions you think you might want to experiment with? The more you try now the easier it will become.

Rob, so glad you are through that tough part. It takes an incredible amount of strength and you did it! What did you learn about yourself in getting through the dark times of the quit?

Sadie, That sounds lovely! We are here for you Sadie, it will get easier.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley, I hope to celebrate with some "me" time....a good movie, snuggled up with my dogs. That's the plan. But the struggle still remains.
10 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley,

physically I was fine through week 1, however mentally I was very depressed for a couple of days.  When the physical hangover left the mental hangover had to be contended with without the alachol (worst in a long while).  but we are through all of that now.  What does not kill you they say makes you stronger, I think (hope) I am there now.

Rob
10 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley, I'm feeling okay. Eating too much sugar and I think it's giving me headaches. I think a sugar craving has replaced alcohol.  Trying to live in the moment -- not the future or the past.  Finding it difficult to learn to do so.  Was at a wine dinner with friends last night, where the whole evening was focused on fantastic wine -- it was hard to resist, but I did.  Tiring.  John
10 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whoa!!!

Where the heck have I been?! Time is flying. Amazing work everyone. So impressed with all of you.

Dave, so much joy I read from your posts now. Is it just me or is there more joy in your life now since the quite? If it's not that then what is this greater energy I am seeing?

I love your avatar btw. 

Captain John, congrats on over 50 days now!!! How are you feeling?

Sadie, almost two weeks now! The first two weeks are an important milestone. How will you be celebrating?

Turquoise!! I cannot believe it has been so long. That is amazing. Truely. How has you life changed since day one? Or how have you changed?

Rob9, Congrats on getting through week 1. Definately the worst week physically speaking. How are you feeling?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dave, congratulations.   3 months is wonderful.

splitimage
10 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, glad to be here.

Sadie,  I will be thinking of you over the weekend, sincerely hope it works out.

rob
10 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dave, I'm feeling pretty good. Not so much healthy because work is so busy right now, I am not eating the most healthy foods. And since I am so busy, the thoughts of drinking are less frequent but still present at moments of rest. My short term goal is to make it through the weekend.
10 years ago 0 118 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rob, I agree on all fronts!  So glad you are back!  John

Reading this thread: