Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,677 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Finally got my 1 year medallion!!

11 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Splitimage,

Thanks sooo much!!! I'm soooo ready to do the 4th & 5th now and letting go of the past. It still haunts me more than I would like.

Hi Ashley,
It feels amazing!! I learned that AA is a great support group for people trying to abstain from alcohol completely. I wish I had worked the program all through the year so far but I guess I wasn't ready. My sponsor has now given me the workbook for the 4th and 5th step and alot of good advice. I also need to get 8 hours sleep to enhance my day & wellbeing.
Sooo happy that I hung in there, but this site has really helped and prayer.

11 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Charmain!

How does it feel to have achieved this milestone? What have you learned along the way?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 272 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Charmain,
That's great congratulations.  A lot of people get freaked out at the thought of the 4'th and 5th - don't.   They're helpful and kind of liberating.   I felt a lot better after doing my first 4'th step.

splitimage

Thanks Foxman!! I need to be in that neutral place right now. I look forward to that. I've been too uncomfortable for way too 
long.
11 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
She wants me to work on my 4th and 5th and I'm ready for that now.

Charmain, Congratulations. Yes the book talks about this, for a permanent solution 4 and 5 is a must otherwise we will not know what need to work on. Otherwise we will be the old self which will again lead us into the vicious cycle. And continued working of the reminder of the steps we reap all the promises of the book. 

The best, the book says we will be placed in a position of neutrality from all the problems. 
I am 16 months sober now and am soo happy to have that 1year medallion now. I just recently met a lady who agree to be my temp sponsor but I really think this will be a permanent arrangement. She wants me to work on my 4th and 5th and I'm ready for that now.
I can feel a shift of well being already and am willing to do the work for the AA promises.
Funny, sooo many people came up to me last nite to congratulate me and said " I don't think I've met you before". I did go to the meetings but not alot of them at my home group and just sort of slithered away afterwords.
Anyway I just wanted to share and wish you all another 24 hours.

Reading this thread: