Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

New day

8 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have passed the one week goal and feel so much better, both physically and mentally. I have started going back to the gym and have been there the last three days. My sleep has improved and I feel better most of the time. My trigger is going home after work and there is no way to avoid it. I get very sad and start wondering if I will ever have a beer again. I know if I was to come home a drink I would just feel awful about myself. I think my next goal will be 2 weeks
All is well! Today is day 7 and it's Saturday the day I work alone and when I usually bring a six pack to work with me. Not today! 

8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did the day go Showtime? 

Ashley, Health Educator
Thanks foxman, I'm currently looking at AA classes, but not sure which one to attend. Day two is in the books, now on three. Back at work this a.m. and it has started with a bang! This is where I would head to the truck for a quick couple swings of vodka or slam a couple of beers, but not today!! I will get through without!!
8 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, the first few days could be very testy, you may want to look up aa meetings near your place or something similar. Meetup is another source you can meeting people in recovery. Stay connected, idle mans mind is a devils workshop, so much of truth in that proverb. 
8 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Showtime on getting through day one.  Take care of yourself and plan some stuff that helps you get through the day.  You know it will get easier.  Good luck!
Well it's morning, my favorite time of day to drink! This is only day two of trying to give this drinking thing up. Monday, my day off, kids at school wife at work hard not to head to the store for a morning six pack, but I'm going to resist and just try to stay busy. 

Reading this thread: