Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Let?s see...

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Poiuy,

Not nowing how you are going to stick with it now is ok - just make a plan. Think about how you can make this time different.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 234 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I intentionally drink as much water as possible when I can.  When I wake up, when I get to work, when I take a break at work.  I've mentioned posts before about this, but I really love drinking water, it makes me feel so refreshed.

11 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hors conrole: That is such a good idea! I already dont drink enough water and totally see myself drinking more alcohol because my body needs liquids!!

Ashley: I don't know how i'm going to ensure this... I've actually tried it before, a few times. I always forget and think I'll be just fine. I tell myself that I can drink and not have a problem, but I usually do end up drinking too much. I tell myself that I'm not going to drink a lot, but I do. I will check out the cutting back section!
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cutting back is a good goal if you feel that is right for you. Many people start by abstaining for awhile and then cutting back which can be helpful also. There are also members here who feel abstinence is the only way to go. We will support you in whatever goal you think is right for you.

Drinking water in between drinks and before you start drinking is a good strategy. How are you going to ensure you stick with this strategy? Check out the section on Cutting Back in the Getting Started session - there are more tips there on cutting back.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Poiuy,

That's a good start. May I suggest you have a big glass of water before you have your first drink. I often find that if I had  no water during the day, my body is thirsty and I then drink my wine a lot faster and more of it. I guess my body does not make the difference if it is wine or water, it just want some liquid. Good luck with your pledge
11 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't really know what kind of goal I want to set. I drink at least 3-4 times a week and 1-3 of those times I black out because I can't stop myself. I just want more. I guess a goal for me would be to slow down my drinking because I drink really fast and go to the next one right after.

I'm going to try and drink water in between drinks...

Reading this thread: