Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

and here I am.

4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Breskis,

As everyone here has mentioned, three weeks is a very positive start. Slips are very common and actually part of the learning process. Try not to be too hard on yourself. What do you think triggered this slip? 

We recommend having a period of three months abstinence before attempting moderation. This is because it takes about three months to create new patterns. We actually have to relearn how to live without alcohol and that can take time. What are your thoughts on a period of abstinence?  
Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Bretskis

If you read the forum at all you see that my posts are rarely short. I find the forums a great place to verbalize and organize my thoughts. No one judges anyone here because we are all in the same boat. On occasion I have spend an hour or two reading old post and get a glimpse or two of some other journeys. It all is very safe and private here as we are working towards the same goal. Not to have alcohol control our lives, we all want the control back.

I don't do the diary or use much of the toolbox at all and that seems to work for me. Others here like using the tools this site provides and if that works for them then awesome !!!. Part of this journey is learning how to cope and motivate yourself. We are here to help, share and cheer you on but the journey is yours and no one can do it for you. Mistakes or slips will happen just try and learn from them. Reducing triggers can help greatly.

Everyone knows that ant can't move that rubber tree plant...  Ooops there goes another rubber tree plant --- (High Hopes of course ... lol)

High Tower
4 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bretskis and welcome!  I agree with hors controle, 3 weeks is a good start!  There is no right thing to say here, and it is a good place to come to vent.  It can also be a good place to come for advice.  What things did you do to stay alcohol free for 3 weeks? 

4 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Bretskis,

Three weeks is already a good start. This site is very useful to vent. The tools (diary, etc) are useful to start with and to continue our journey.

Some members read old posts when they feel they need some support, they post how they feel. Nobody is here to judge anybody. We are all in the same boat.

Keep us posted and again, Welcome!

M
4 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm bretskis and I have had a cpl issues staying on track. Started this month off not so well. Started on my journey to moderation on my own. And did goodfor about 3 weeks. slipped up...****ed up pretty bad. Not realy sure what to say here.

Reading this thread: