Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Day 1 with CAMH - AHC

4 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Rusty1,

Taking this in intervals is a great strategy. Having a partner who drinks can be very challenging. I encourage you to talk to your partner about this. Is he willing to keep alcohol out of your site? Will he avoid drinking around you? Any way he is willing to help will be beneficial to you. If nothing else, you are leading by example; maybe he will follow suit. If not, that is ok too. 

Look forward to reading more from you,

Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for this forum.  Today is my first day.  I've committed to quit drinking to improve my health and my relationships.  My short term goal is to take one day at a time, in 15 min intervals if necessary esp. in the evening to be able to say when I go to bed:  "that was a ZA day put a dollar in the jar!"  (ZA zero alcohol).
I have a daily trigger who I love very much.  Each day  he comes home and pours a glass of wine...then we continue throughout the evening.   Does anyone else  have a partner who is a trigger? 
I am hoping that since I can plan for this trigger, I will be reviewing my goals and coping mechanisms in the evening prior to that.    Hopefully being accountable to myself for what I've written here will motivate me to achieve my Day 1 goal.  

Reading this thread: