Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

lets do this

5 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sumosam,

I am sorry to hear about your slip; but, I am glad you are going to be gentle with yourself. This is very important. It is great that you are not letting this discourage you and you are getting right back to it. It sounds like moderate drinking tends to spiral into heavy drinking for you. Does this mean you plan to abstain completely from alcohol?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have slipped again....family responsibilites.  I will be gentle with myself, but remember how good it felt to be sober.  I usually start with just oen glass of wine....not daily....then daily, then 2....then more.....feel tired, no motivation, so drink some more.  I am really glad I found this program.  Have done others, they were all helpful.  This one, though really addresses the health concerns.  I am older now and really feel it when I drink even one drink.  My brother in law who as "a pleasant drinker" was just diagnosed with a shrunken brain....scarry stuff.  I see the effect on friends I have known.  What helps is I do notice others struggle as well.. ...that I am not alone.  Glad to be here.

Reading this thread: