Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

today is 4 days with no alcohol

5 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
VioletStar I think we are similar.  I'm 44 and like you drank my whole life.  Even since high school.  It's nice to see this support group.  Good luck and stay strong.  
5 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome VioletStarr!

I am glad you found us. We can help to support you every step of the way. 

Are you planning to moderate or abstain? What is motivating you to make a change now?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome VioletStarr!  I understand the AA thing, I needed my privacy too.  When I decided to stop most of my friends didn't know how much I was drinking.  Great work so far.  How are things today? 

Lynn
5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks...AA is not for me....i need my privacy. That is why i sought out some online support like this one. I prefer to keep this all to myself. Most people do not even know that i drink....
5 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the forums Violetstar. We all been through this. Let us know how we can help. Look at local AA meetings too. There you can meet fellow beings who were in the same position but have found a solution. I too found solution in the rooms of AA that was about 12 years ago.
5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i have been an alcoholic pretty much my entire life...i am 45 and i am ready to quit. I do not have a support system at home and am hoping to make some aquiantances here and be able to talk when i need to. Thank you! Hope you are all doing well today <3

Reading this thread: