Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

new to this. all of it.

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi conner,

I'm glad you found this site, we are here to help you through this.  
We have a sister-site called the Depression Center.  Have you visited the site?  If not, I think you will find it a helpful resource.  The programs,information and members available both on the AHC and DC  will help give you the strength to climb out of this depression and return to yourself.  It will also help you manage your drinking or quit altogether.
Whatever your health goals may be, we're here for you.

12 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Conner and welcome to AHC,

I truly understand how you feel and know it is hard to quit drinking when in a place where it's socially valued. However, if like me your drinking has taken over and you feel in a hard place in your relationship it can be good to at least try to go without.

I've personally been sober since Jan 11th 2012 and my first steps here were three years ago (I wasn't committed at first)...  You have to start somewhere and be comitted to what is important to you.  If you feel drinking is doing wrong maybe it's time for help and you are at the right place.

It doesn't make you less of a person but time will tell it'll probably make you a stronger one.  We are all here to help you and ask questions!  It's the best way to deal with your issues.

Welcome again and stay connected!

D.
12 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Conner.  Glad you're here.  I stopped drinking over a month ago--after drinking fairly steadily for lots of years.  With every passing day, it gets a little easier... 
12 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
my relationship of 3+1/2 yrs is suffering. my fiance doesn't want to get married in june if i can't/won't get help.  i'm also tired. tired of being depressed, i'm not sure i remember what it feels like to not be depressed. i'm a professional chef and my work, social life and post work relaxation tactics all revolve around drinking.  my partner is getting a masters in social work, so you can imagine how that works with me drinking every day.... 
12 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Conner,

There will be no judgement here. All of your feelings are completely normal.  What makes you think now is the time?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi, i've been looking for help concerning my drinking. free, non judge mental, realistic, useful help.  i don't "want" to stop or cut down my drinking but, it's time. it's been time for a while. it's scary and overwhelming and the addict in me thinks it's stupid. sometimes i wish i had a less socially acceptable addiction and that makes me hate everyone that is fortunate enough to not have to struggle with addiction. 

Reading this thread: