Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Need to be Sober

13 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi shakes,

As hors control mentioned, it sounds like you have been sober for a while. If this is the case you know how great it can be to be sober and in control. Work towards getting that stability back. We are here to support you and help you along the way.

Ray

13 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The mental obsession is something what the modern day medications can't give any relief. That is the sorry state of the mind and body of the alcoholic. Even though, we know we going to get ill, we take a drink. And if you are an alcoholic, the only solution is spiritual. Please look into some AA meetings around were you live. Also try to read the book called Alcoholics Anonymous online. 
13 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shake,

Look ahead. You seem like you were sober for a while or maybe I am wrong.

But anyway, like mike 61 said, it helps to read through the other post but also to ventilate on this site. Feel free to do it as much as you need. We are here to share listen to your thoughts
13 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Shakes,

Learn from your setbacks, if you have made it through until today you
are back on the road to recovery. You should be proud.

That is a good thing, keep positive, use the toolbox on this site,
Read some of the back posts, they helped me quite a bit.

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shakes,

I am sorry to hear that you started drinking again. It sounds like you are feeling the effects of your choice from the weekend. It also sounds like you are unhappy with your decision and ready to make a lasting change. The important thing when trying to shake the guilt and remorse is to understand that it has happened and figure out ways to resolve the issues that you face. You may have to start with resolving any problems with relationships. You can try explaining yourself to those that you care for and explain to them what they can do to help you stick to your plan. Have you put in place a plan for the future? I strongly urge you to go back to the online program and read through. Specific sections may be of more help to you than others. Take a look, work on the homework, be active in your journey to making things right. Come up with an emergency coping plan, ways in which you can get out of tempting situations. Continue to strive forward and lean on us for support.  

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Decided this weekend was a good reason to pick up the bottle again.  Got hammered on Father's day , not to mention I am on Antabuse and got violently ill.

I am feeling such guilt and remorse right now and cannot seem to shake it......   any tips out there for getting rid of this awful feeling?

Reading this thread: