Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

I have a problem and am coming to terms with it - i need help

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

It is important to come to terms with our actions. Once you are able to do this you can begin to focus on the present.Having experienced this you can focus on what is the opportunity here?

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lexie, excellent advice. The feeling we have after drinking is contingent on the the depressant repercussions of alcohol.
I have felt particularly disgusted with myself recently and I know it's mainly a matter of the alcohol still being in my system. Forgiving ourselves is a big part of conquering the disease. Thanks for posting.

14 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tomorrow will be better once you get the alcohol out of your system. I have a friend who always reminds me that alcohol is a depressant. So not only do you feel like hell after a wild night, or a binge, but you punish yourself extra hard.

It's pretty easy to be disgusted with yourself, particularly if you've done something you are ashamed of, but I bet you are all pretty good people. Don't let your actions define you. You made a mistake that doesn't mean you have to keep making them, right? I say take a minute to forgive yourself first and then work on the other issues. It's hard to love, and treat others well if you can't do that for yourself.

Good luck.

14 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
this thread has really helped me too, i have been such an idiot. recently

I'm going to write something in my blogg today confessing some of the things i have done (all of what is on this thread and more) my boyfriend is hanging onto me with his fingertips and i too today am barely able to look at myself in the mirror, i havent even been able to face taking my clothes of to have a shower because i feel that hideous with myself, i also feel paranoid and always do the first day i dont drink after a binging session.

I really hope that i can get through this, this time.
14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kelly,

Your post really hit home with me. In a sense that I'm realizing that I've done some horrific things and I don't deserve to be trusted anymore. But I am definitely making a serious change this time, I refuse to lie to myself or anyone else anymore because I'm done. I will NEVER regain anyone's trust back unless I prove it over and over again, and the people who really care about me will eventually see that i'm for real this time. I've been selfish and disrespectful and I think I am finally seeing the big picture. Thank you for adding your two cents because sometimes see someone elses point of view brings clarity to you. 

How've you been holding up Kelly? I've been going to tons of movies lately instead of parties, I'd rather fill up on popcorn instead of alcohol! Anyone have any "fun things to do on weekends" that are nothing close to drinking?

Ray

14 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys. I was reading your posts and thought I'd throw in my two cents on the trust thing. For me being an alcoholic and keeping up that lifestyle took a lot of lying. Lying about how much I drank, where I was, who I was with and the worst of all lying to myself about how bad I was getting. Eventually you believe your own lies and then you're really in trouble. It hurts to lose the trust of people you care about and even sometimes people you don't but who are around you. It sucks even more to feel alone and misunderstood. You sound like you need something to grasp on to for strength while you are on this tour. I found reading the big book of AA a great comfort when I was at the beggining of my journy and all alone. Another book I really found helpful was how to quit drinking without AA. Don't be confused by the conflicting titles. They both have great wisdom in them.

Hey Trista,

No problem, I appreciate yours too! This tour thing sounds like quite the bad situation. You need to decide for yourself if you can stay there, but whatever you choose to do I understand! I can totally get you on the nobody trusting you. I'm in the same boat and I feel like with time I may be able to regain at least one persons trust. You just have to make a pledge and refuse to hurt anymore. Let me know what you decide to do about the tour and let me know what you've been doing to stay clear of drinking.

Stay strong!

Ray

14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ray,
Thanks so much for your support. Im on a tour at the moment and im on it with like 22 other ppl and everyone has their opinion of meand my drinking because i hooked up with someone else while we were on tour. My bf (or ex now) is still on the tour so practicually nobody talks to me and eveyone dislikes me. It sucks, i want to leave. If it gets worse iw ill leave.
Glad to hear your on the right track as well. Its so hard when youve hurt everyone you love. I feel like nobody trusts me anymore.
I guess only time will regain ppls trust hey.
Thanks again
Hi Trista,

I am fairly new to this site and I am also a relatively young person coming to terms with my problem too. I also have damaged so many friendships and my relationship. I have done many things that I am not proud of and most I can't even remember doing. I have embarassed myself, my family and my friends so many times and in so many different ways.  About 2 weeks ago I had an incident and decided that enough was enough. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. I just want you to know that I can relate to you and I feel like we are in this together. I support you and hopefully you support me. I've been doing really well since I joined this group, I have not had a single drink. It's been really hard but I'm determined that this is a fresh start for me. I refuse to be like I was before. Let's pledge to go through with this all they way! 
Let us know how things are going this week. Have you been struggling and how? What questions can we help you with?

Ray

14 years ago 0 151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Trista it a rough place to start from but it IS possible. I was an every day drinker but I can relate to much that you say. For many of us here alcohol just plain equals bad decisions. If you would like to be part of a support community that will be understanding and not judgemental, I'd invite you to consider the AA program. I am 38 and it has kept me sober for 3 years now.

Hang in there and for now just don't drink one day at a time. One day is manageable more than that can be overwhelming.

Reading this thread: