Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

my one millionth attempt at quitting!

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first time joining a forum like this. I have tried everything else... I mean EVERYTHING from Zyban to hypnosis I feel helplessly and hopelessly addicted to nicotine. I was quit for 7 years and started again after my marriage broke down and have been struggling for 6 years now on and off smoking and vaping or both. I find I get extremely depressed when trying to quit and any little thing will send me right back to cigarettes. Then I feel awful and the whole cycle begins again. I find I am affected mentally and emotionally the most in terms of withdrawal symptoms but I never see much information about the mental and emotional aspects of quitting. All the candy, walking and manicures don't help with the depression, sadness and feeling of being disconnected from myself I feel when quitting.
  • Quit Meter

$17,703.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 270 Hours: 19

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: