Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Help!!

10 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great bunch of quitters. You have the strength and resolve to beat this habit and addiction. Dig in, read posts and blogs, write posts and blogs and arm yourself for triggers that lurk. You are the most important people here and a so very worth the fight. Keep the quit. Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,489.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 21

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jess!!!

You're doing great so far!!!  Just keep on taking it on day at a time and remember... you CAN do this!   

Howdy to Shannon and Griff!!!

Welcome to the SSC!  Check out the "My Program" tab above for valuable info to help you along on your journey towards freedom!  This may the most difficult journey you have ever been on, but I guarantee that it will be the MOST rewarding!  Stick close, read and learn and post often!  We're all rooting for you!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 16

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Jess!! You're doing great!!

Just think about how much more stressful a 12,5 hour shift at work would be if you had to spend large chunks of time wondering when you can get in your next cigarette break. It might still be a big rough right now, but hang in there and you'll realize what a relief it is not to be smoking anymore.
10 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am on my 2nd day, after 36 years smoking. man its hard but at sometime you have to do it. wright lady goodluck. what day was the hardest 1,2,3 or 4 ha ha griff
10 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well then you go girl! :)
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I remember that anxiety over never smoking again. I struggled with it for some time, in fact. There is some loss there. 

However, do realize that your perspective is going to change as you get further and further from that last cigarette. You will reach a point where you no longer care about smoking again. You will also reach a point where you are grateful that you don't have to ever smoke again.  

I had one of those little moments of gratitude today. I was feeling mildly irritated, and I remembered how that would have set off a whole series of actions a couple of years ago. I would have had to leave the building where I was, walk across the street, squat/hide behind a bush, and light up. Then I would have been sucking it in hard and fast so I could get back to work, reeking of smoke, of course. And then there would be the withdrawal creeping back up and hour or two later, and the cycle would restart. ...As I was thinking about this (for maybe 15 seconds), it occurred to me that I used to waste huge amounts of time on this "activity." I was so grateful that I don't have to do that anymore. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,546.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 18

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good job shannon12. I have smoked 36 years and I am going for tomorrow to quit. It's really affecting my health. I am sick of it and want to feel Bette. Griff
Good luck
10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this, I am on my 7th day and I am so happy. I have smoked for 30 years. Keep it up!
10 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Girl lol!! (My name is Jess) x

Reading this thread: