Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

can't take it any more

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debbie and Bob,

Thanks so much for your response.  I told my husband I have an online support group and I don't think I would have made it this far without all of you.  Each of you responses is so important to me.  Don't ever forget that!

Melany

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/15/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 24
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 192
Amount Saved: $54.62
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 10 Mins: 53 Seconds: 5

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I missed this yesterday........I'm so sorry I did and soooooo happy you didn't cave......Awesome melany.........
You Done Gooooood................Those 24 days are HUGE.

Remember how important those rewards are.  Make sure you do reward yourself for each step you take.  Each one is a BIG step and needs to be honored.  The addict will use that against you if you don't.
Whatever the reward.........DO IT!!!!

Keep the Quit
huggggggs and coooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 163
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,890
Amount Saved: $684.60
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 3 Mins: 25 Seconds: 44

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melany, putting money in a savings account every time you're tempted to smoke is a wonderful idea. I think I might do the same.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 68
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,836
Amount Saved: $688.50
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 11 Mins: 35 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, thanks to all of you I made it through yesterday without giving in.  I felt so good about my decision once I got home and I was in such a great mood and proud of myself for not lighting up.  It is definitely not worth blowing the 3 weeks I have been smoke free.  I have been putting $15 in a savings account every time I am as tempted as I was yesterday.  I'm sure it will add up fast and I will have a good bit of money to do something special with my husband.  And, you know, I know God is on my side cause when I walked out to get the mail last night, there was a $100 refund check in the mail that I had no clue I was getting.  Also, I used to be 80 pounds overweight and lost it about 10 years ago.  I think I am getting worried that I will gain my weight back and that would be horrible.  Thank you all again go all of the support.  You all are my angels.  Without all of you I would have had a cigarette last night.  God bless you all.

Melany

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/15/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 23
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 184
Amount Saved: $52.35
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 8 Mins: 24 Seconds: 54

14 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melany,
I went from Ms.Dynamo needing to be busy all the time to crash and burn the house down but I am not getting out of bed if I don't reallllly gotta.
Lighting up with a good book, or a this or a that was a way of life and now that it isn't I seem to have so much extra time on my hands that once I passed through the stage of being tired, I had to find more stuff to do! 
I gave more time and thought to when and where I was going to smoke next than to real life, so giving up such an important part of your self is going to take a toll even if what your giving up is bad for you. 

One good thing about it my tomato plants went from only needing one support cage to needing three side by side per plant!   Way to much attention they are getting. 
I am glad to see you were able to stick it out.  EXCELLENT JOB!!! 

The thing that surprises me the most and it shouldn't is how much the symptoms can vary from day to day.  Just when I think I got one part licked it creeps up again, I am hoping it will STOP! 
One more time EXCELLENT choice to stay quit and good for you.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/16/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 52
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,560
Amount Saved: $507.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 3 Mins: 38 Seconds: 13

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melany,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some difficult cravings. However, you have done the right thing by posting here instead of reaching for those cigarettes. Reward yourself for getting through today, you deserve it!

Stay close to the boards and let us know how things go for you. We are here for you whenever you need us!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry Melany, I spelled your name incorrectly.  Habit as I have a friend who spells it differently from you.  See what habits do to us ex-smokers!?!  I'm laughing at myself.  Please join me!

Wynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 31
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 558
Amount Saved: $251.10
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 6 Mins: 35 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melanie, I'm so glad to see that you regained your resolve.  Yesterday I was feeling much the same way as you were and the group here helped me get through it too.  You've just passed the 3 week mark and I had just hit the 1 month milestone.  There seems to be something about these milestone markers - maybe they just bring the old, discarded habit back to the forefront of our minds and so we become tempted.  Resist it girl and don't give up.  I smoked for 50 years so if I can do it, so can you.  Cheers,

Wynn

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 31
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 558
Amount Saved: $251.10
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 6 Mins: 34 Seconds: 45

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melany, just hang on. It'll get better. I don't know how much cigarettes cost there, but I can't see spending $8.00/pk on something that is designed to kill me. Take that money and spend it on something that's healthy. As someone said, One is too many and a thousand isn't enough.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 67
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,809
Amount Saved: $678.38
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 9 Mins: 31 Seconds: 4

Reading this thread: