Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Happy National Smoke-Free Week!

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As a road warrior, I am in airplanes at least 75k miles a year.  When I smoked, I would plan my layovers in airports with smoking lounges (not many left) or allow enough of a layover time to be able to run outside to grab a smoke.  Instead of taking a 5 hour direct flight, I would do a connection so I could smoke at 2.5 hours.  I would sometimes plan for a long layover just to smoke, making me having to either fly out early to allow the layover or get somewhere late.  I have even planned a layover in a city "out of the way" just because there was a smoking lounge in the airport.  So for me now as a non-smoker, I am taking more direct flights, or when I do have a connection, I don't have to race outside or search for a smoking spot.  This makes travel much more relaxing, allowing me to actually enjoy the I spend in airports.  How crazy was I????????? 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 156
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,240
Amount Saved: $1,248.00
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 8 Mins: 28 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 All the things that other members have said :)

AND... 

I am amazed to find that I am now calmer.

Totally unexpected since I thought that I needed cigarettes to calm me down. HA! It was making me nervous and crazy.
I am way more relaxed now. 

Also,
I'm not as groggy when I wake up. I don't need as much coffee. That is a real surprise.

There are a lot happy surprises relating to quitting that you never would expect.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 297
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 7,128
Amount Saved: $1,710.72
Life Gained:
Days: 39 Hrs: 0 Mins: 44 Seconds: 55

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr. Quitter - you are so right.  Cigarettes control you.  They rule your life and they hold you back.
Mike - gaining confidence, for me, has been eye opening.  It's such a good feeling to realize that I have such control over the way I want to live my life.  That confidence is spilling over into other areas too.
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 21
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 252
Amount Saved: $110.88
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 24 Seconds: 31

15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, thank you for sharing all the positive changes and benefits you have noticed since quitting!

Keep up the fantastic work!

Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There are so many positive aspects in not smoking. 
I don't have to waste time smoking, when I could be doing something better. I don't have to waste money on cigarettes and I feel a lot calmer and more in control. I don't smell like an ashtray and I have the best support system on this site ever. So thanks everyone.
Luv lola
xxx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 10
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: �53.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 22 Mins: 41 Seconds: 58

Reading this thread: