Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

I slipped. I did.

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boxing Day is the day that the Bear gets to beat the p--- out of anybody that do'es not agree with him. Yee Haw ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 281 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,810.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No you are not going to reset your quit meter. Pick yourself up and get on with it. You slipped. You did not fall off the mountain, wagon, or whatever. The cigarettes made you sick, you did not enjoy them, that is GOOD NEWS!!!! Now if you said that you slipped, loved it, and blah blah blah, you would have been in deep do do. Email if you would like. - Anna [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 352 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,478.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, everbody for your help and encouragement. I do feel better today, I'm still upset with myself but it's done, the smoke is smoked & it can't be unsmoked. So,onward. Don't they have Boxing Day in the States? It's the day after Christmas. I think it got its name from a tradition in England where the rich people would box up their old stuff and take it to the poor people or something like that. I am going to my brother's. Bear, you wouldn't be the first person to ask why when I so obviously am not happy about it. I just have to & I can't really explain it here. It's partly that, as big a jerk as he is, his wife is very sweet & she's trying really hard to act like we're a normal family. We don't want to let her down. Sorry about your gravy, aloha. I'm hopeless at it myself, I always use a mix. Anyway, there is the rest of a smoke-free day ahead of me, my kids come home tonight, and we'll have our gift-opening then, & Our dinner tomorrow. Thaks again, everyone, you are all wonderful people & good friends. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, Sounds like you are officially...human. You did what you thought would help you stop hurting and it didn't work. THAT is the bigger lesson here. One smoke, two smokes, quit meter or no quit meter - all of that is only relevant in the world of SSC. Lots of stuff gets pulled out into the light when we quit and not all of it is easy breezy fun stuff. In 200+ days you have asked for help, given help, forged through some forgotten lands and come out on the other side. That's a pretty big accomplishment whether it feels like it today or not. There is so much good stuff in you that has gotten to come out because you quit smoking. We've all been fortunate enough to catch just a glimpse of that. Please don't let one cigarette overshadow all that. As for how to deal with the family stuff - I am totally unqualified to answer that and I'm censoring any of my true feelings on that because they are all based on my faith. For me it all ties into the real "Reason for the Season" so I'll leave it at that. Just know how much you are appreciated, how much you have accomplished and how much more you have to give a world that desperately needs your humor and your vitality. All the best and please do keep us posted, Sandra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1238 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,571.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 94 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$37,069.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 641 Hours: 3

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, what they said. and I'm with Lainey about the meter. {{{UH}}} :) ps. wth is boxing day? ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $719.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heather, ((((HUGS))) I have been where you are at as you know and I know how you are feeling. Soon you will get this pass you and you have learned how sneeky this addiction is. Lots has been said here in support of you so I don't need to add much more. Heather, you have incredible friends here that would fight for you all the way. You have not lost those days and you have not lost the respect of others here. You have gained insight, you have gained the realization that this addiction will wait patiently for you to slip up. Enough said. Glad you are back. We need your spirit here. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Unhooked, i must say iam a surprized but iam not disapointed in you, this does happen and one can see by this that we are addicts, that even if we are far along in the quit we still need to stay on guard so that we dont slip, i know i couldent have just one because i would want a carton, so dust off and get back up you are doing good, just gave in to that deamon, dont let him get the best of you, HANG TOUGH dont let this slip mess up your quit :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1966 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,881.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 277 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$14,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 5

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, Glad to hear you drowned the other cigs. Don't give up this incredible quit you have going. You slipped.....learn something from this and move on. I recall reading something in the last couple of months about a play or something along those lines that you attended with your daughter. I also recall the heartfelt expression of FREEDOM you shared with us. It's certainly not worth giving up this wonderful freedom. All that I have read from you and shared with you tells me that YOU are not going to give this freedom up. It has changed your life in too many positive ways. One cigarette DOES NOT erase all of the days you had smoke free! What you are sharing with all of us here is that we are all always vulnerable. Learn something from this, grab my hand and don't let go. And, don't beat yourself up to much about this. YOU are human and made a mistake. It's not the end of the world. The important thing is to get right back on track. I'm adding you to my msn messenger, so shout if you need to talk. Big hug to you, Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,365.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Merry Christmas Unhooked. Merry Christmas Ms. Nicodemon. Even if you are on the naughty list, sometimes you get a present. Something makes me think that the naughty little girl was jumping up and down in expectation for a number of days or even weeks before hand. A performance that can be very hard to be resist. Wonder how I know that? Now that the spoiled child has been indulged, we need to do some damage control and get back to the business at hand. Back to square one. Get the book out! Number 1. - For give yourself. Number 2. - INTENTION - are you going back to the slavery? Number 3. - One minute at a time. Number 4. - Get your a$$ back in here as soon as you can. WHOHOOOOOOO- Congratulations on your decision to stop smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 166 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,909.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$330,495.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6028 Hours: 13

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By the way, reset that meter to 226 days, you didn't smoke for all those days, you don't need to go to jail, you don't need to pay the price of losing all your days, you worked hard for every one of them! And you helped so many people here that earned you the right, to keep those days on your meter, girl! This is a slip, just a slip, nothing more than a slip, right? So there is no reason to start the meter from scratch. So you felt the pain, lesson learned! Dry your eyes girl, turn that regret into anger, be even more determined to kick that junkie out of town, and win this battle once and for all. I know you have it in you! You know that you do. Lean on me, Unhooked! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,122.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: