Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

What now!

17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip, Nearly february now, we've almost got rid of the SAD months (seasonal affective disorder, which accounts for low mood during the winter months)..I'm not exactly wishing my life away but am looking forward to Spring and then I thought of you , swimming and sunshine!!! Soon be your one year anniversary, such a perfect circle for a very deserving man....congratulations, look after youself and as always, my best regards, Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,783 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1295 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$295,178.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 6

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Riv & everyone - long time no type. RD Man I have to confess to a sneaking sympathy with you when you said the smoke smelt great. I'm getting a bit of that now 'cause hubby is still smoking & sometimes it drifts into the house and it doesn't smell bad at all. It used to make me want to retch and sometimes the smoke smell on him isn;t attractive but that waft of smoke can be. It doesn't make me want to suck it into my lungs though. Well done on getting over another hurdle....you'll be ready for the next Olympics at this rate. :) Alison [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 250 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$90,824.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8664 Hours: 10

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan, Wow! Your horoscope today says it all doesn't it? Sounds like you're happy as a clam in your quit. Keep up the great progress! Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan, I know you long for the numbness but in order to erase your past you must learn to cope with your present without having to rely on that crutch. Keep persevering! Yes, you are living through what is no doubt a stressful life event. You will make it through. This will pass and you will come out a stronger person. Please hang in there. We are with you every step of the way. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi RD, been thinking about you and how you've been feeling. I have every once in a while thought about the numbing smoking did for me. But I also thought, if I numb myself, woudl I not take care of myself? Would I numb the pain and feelings so much that I just wouldnt care? I would be giving up on my fight (with cancer) if I was to smoke. I would be so numb, I wouldn't make the right choices. I just pray and hope you are doing alright also. I miss coming here and am day 2 into taking my chemo pills and am getting more and more exhausted. I may not post as much, but know you and others here are always in my thoughts. Hugs Kim Hey looky here, my meter is climbing once again!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
phillip, I just saw this but I know first hand that smoking will not solve anything. It didn't solve my medical condition, and it wont solve anything easier or harder. it will add to the problem. Dont do what I do. You will carry around a heavy burden (like I do) if you smoke. You will beat yourself up and just dwell on the failure of picking up that firt smoke - I still do that. Hey, have you tried something new? Reach deep down inside you and see what is brewing there that you have wanted to do. Something even simple to try can help in distracting. I look up to you even though I lost 215+ days. You are stronger than you think. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 159 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Philip, Congratulations on 11 months! 2007 so far has been a time of stress and anxiety for me. We both know what WON'T put that right! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2565 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In all honesty, I've been experiencing something similar for a while. Who knows what the reason is? Maybe we are just psychological basket cases.....who cares? And you know, Phillip....that first and possibly even the second cigarette would be great. :eg: And then.....trapped again. You know this. So do I. :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 331 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,272 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2979 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do I know what you mean by wanting a cigarette the moment stress comes into the picture. But don't give in and have that cigarette. Sometimes it is crazy little things that make mw=e want to go have a cigarette. But I keep perservering, I don't want to go through this hell again. They all say that the urges get fewer. Waiting patently for that day. Keep up the good work, and you to will soon be at the 1 year mark Aubanki [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,802 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1343.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AHHHH Here I am on the 18th of January. I forgot to post yesterday about my 11 month anniversary. I have just been very busy at work. Also, just a bit under the weather. I think that very combination is a huge part in what has gone on with me. Also getting back from a once in a life time experience and I haven't set up another goal, another reward, another really pleasurable experience. I did today get my home computer fixed and I can write very nice DVD presentations of the pictures we took while away. That felt good. There is also a corner of my psychie that wonders at having come this far. I never really thought I would make it, other than knowing I would not be able to breath if I didn't quit. If any of you are into body symptoms and emotional content, this thing seems to be centred in my lungs and that is the seat of sadness, grief, lose. I have posted about this briefly in other threads. For me there is a compontent in this quit of getting my life back into my realm of influence. For me to be in charge, not the addict. I have to say that there are piece of great lose at what I didn't live for 36 years. There is a blooming sense of joy at seeing the life that I can and have been able tolive. I truly belive that we can stray to the happy, positive and cheerful side and work or try to dig our heels in there and until we will slide around until we have truly dealt with the other aspects of life and the life that we have given up in order to follow the addiction. So if any of you are familiar with 12 step programs this seems to me to be like steps 7 to 10. Which to me are about taking responsibility and finding forgiveness for the transgessions of the addict. Sorry to be so heavy and my mind is there at this moment. A moment I have taken off in order to post here and work to remain connected and part in this particular Stop Smoking Forum. I wonder right now at what for me is a time of introspection and a time of finding and being in the life I really want to live. So what am I doing to get through, to get on with my life? I am booking swim meets for this upcoming year. Paris in May? San Francisco in September? Rome in August? The question becomes which ones I want to go to, what I will complete in and how I will holiday around the event.

Reading this thread: