Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

What now!

17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, its freezing rain outside so don't make me drive to Toronto to talk some sense into you!! Oh yeah and besides that I haven't a clue where you live...my throat hurts and I'm not sure how many streets I'd get down yelling Riverdaleman, Riverdaleman before I lost my voice. Is there anyway your health and relationship issues will be solved quickly, or are they excuses for the junkie? Don't give into that junkie please, we need you here for your wise support. And while i'm not the greatest advice giver I am also here when you need support too.
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done, RDMan - You're a pretty cool guy! Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1006 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip, I hope that the catharsis of writing that post helped you get rid of the old Nicodemon breathing on your shoulder. It sounds to me like you worked that one out ok on your own, but I just wanted to say that you are not on your own, since we are all here with you, willing you to stay strong. Don't smoke. Smoking never made anyone's life any easier. Sending you my best wishes, Deli [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,516 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �501 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan great post If you have a hug left over........ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,387 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �845.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Phillip I missed this I am so sorry mate! Life threw me a lemon or two lately and I know exactly how you feel! I hung on by a thread at the weekend .... The main thing that kept me going apart from all my friends here was the thought of EVER having to go through the quit again. THAT SCARES ME! Hang on tight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �845.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Phillip I have been reading Allen Carr We havent given up there was nothing to 'give up' we are free!!! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 165 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �866.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, You know all to well that smoking will not solve anything and you also know that you will not like the taste if you smoke so don't even think it or go there. You will also feel more down if you let yourself be lead down the smoking path. Go back to your chest of coping tools and pull some out and use them, it will pass; they always do. Smoking is not a cure, an answer, or something to enjoy. It is a curse and remember that point. Recite the reasons for guitting. The mind retrains itself as you find substitutes for the act of smoking. You need to push the thought our of your mind by thinking of other things when it the smoking thought occurs. Stickintoit
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, How I wish I had the correct words to say to you to ease your pain, but unfortunately, I do not know what to say. It's hard to stand strong in the midst of trying times, when we are just tired and everything around you whispers to your mind to give in to what you have been fighting to keep all along, simply because your mind is searching for some tranquility. Your mind screams out and you just want it all to go away, but at the same time, you're trying to keep certain things into perspective. What to do? Dig deep down within yourself, Phillip. Look for that inner strength to re-confirm what you already know about junkie thinking. I know it's hard, sometimes you just simply want to "rest", but keep in mind that that little monster inside will stop at nothing until he gets his way, if given the opportunity. The junkie thoughts knows our weaknessess and will use them to the very end to shake every aspect of our lives, if we allow it. What a deceiver this addiction is. I hope you are doing better. And yes, it IS a brand new day. Remember, things have a way of working themselves out, and then you realize that, had you have known the end result, you didn't really need to sweat it after all, because it all worked out in the end. Hang tough, my friend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 183 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $686.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RVDMAN we both knew you would remain a non-smoker...............Be proud. This thing will let go eventually, stay away from false pleasure i.e cigarette smoke, fresh or otherwise, it's a harmful mirage. At this point picking up a cigarette would be so destructive mentally and physically, the result would be utter depression sense of failure and shame, it's not worth it. Take care of yourself, are you baking???? enjoy the pies .... Hugs Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1430 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I missed this earlier. I hope the shower and a good night's sleep helps. I had a rather rough day myself today....lot's of 'thoughts' for some reason... C'mon, I'll sing you a lullaby..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1032 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: