Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I'm Afraid

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there so sad to hear all this trouble you have on your plates it is way so much for you to bear!! But please know that there are people out there like us who will remeber you in our thoughts and hope your time of hardship will pass God bless!!
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hurstk; So sorry that life is so tough right now. Please hang in there with your quit. While it may not feel like it, just doing the 'next right thing' may help you. Not smoking, not failing your quit during these times of adversity not only will strengthen you but may plant a seed for your family members . . . to be an example of getting through the tough times without compromising your principals. All we can do is take care of ourselves, take care of our quit. Hang in there dear Hurstk. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You give me strength, 6 months from now this will look differant today is what it is a learning experiance. keep your head up and mouth full of gum.
  • Quit Meter

$163,490.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6103 Hours: 14

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The 10 year-old is the one to hang on to. I'd seriously try Al-Anon to keep my sanity and my quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $244.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I haven't been on for a while either but you posted a reply to one of mine some time ago when I said I am quitting with my husband . We are doing okay but have not had any disasters like you. You're doing great and I have been thinking of you. Can you imagine that there is someone all the way over in Australia worrying about whether or not you are alright????? We can do this Caddie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 933 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $356.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hustk!! *hugs* You need lots of hugs. Let me tell you some stories. LOL! I went through some really horrible withdrawals the other day (see my thread in common questions section) and that night i decided to let it go and I went to my mother's to take a bath. She watched the baby, and I made myself some bath salts, and got in to let my cares go away. I wasn't in there for 10 minutes when my husband called. He'd been in a wreck on the way home from work. I started crying and I was shaking, and I was a horrible mess! This was the SECOND car my husband has totalled in 6 weeks!!! What would we do? How would he get to work and me be able to pick the kids up from activities - we only have one car now! We'll be paying on TWO cars that we don't have, and won't be getting another car anytime soon. Not to mention, I feel like a trapped animal if i'm stuck out here in the boonies with no car - which I am when he is at work and we only have one car. This is horribly tragic. I got dressed, and woe is me.. "I feel like my life is falling apart" I sobbed to my mother. I put the baby in the car, and the two of us went out to the accident scene. As we're on our way out there, I was bawling, and I was feeling really sorry for myself, and then I said to myself "What the %$^# are you thinking!!??" [b]My husband has wrecked two cars in 6 weeks and i'm worried about myself!!??[/b] That's just a nasty nasty addiction talking right there. And it's fueled by this martyr syndrome that i have all of the time. You know what, Hurstk? Let it go. We got out to the accident scene, and my husband was bleeding. His knee is all banged up and his ribs are bruised. Some moron stopped in the middle of a highway and got out of his car to walk his dog. No flashers, no brake lights, nothing... just tail lights - which in the middle of the night look like a car is traveling slowly down the road. My husband slowed, and went to go around, and the man was standing on the other side of the road, and flashing his flashlight at my husband. He could have had a gun, he could have been drunk, he could have planned to rob him if he stopped.. my husband panicked and swerved the other way and plowed into his truck. Guess what? Hubby's fault.
Oh, don't think i havn't threatened foster care before! LOL!!
I was just thinking about her too, Marie, [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $429 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hurstk, please don't smoke, it won't fix anything, It will make your 10 year old very unhappy. You have to think of yourself also, your body needs this quit. I sure wish I could help you, I just don't have the answers, you are in my thoughts . Sincerely Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 907 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hurstk how are you doing? Are you still on the 7 mg patch? Keep on quitting one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: