Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Pray for Me.

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady do not give in to the necodemon after all that time. You have done for so long please don't relapse. Remember why you quit and you will get through this Praying for you Marie
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady - when we give advice, it comes from within, because it relates to us, and often to us alone. I therefore post this back to you! I see so many quitters agonizing over their quits and I just want to say STOP IT! Do not get me wrong. I have whined throughout my entire quit and I have been depressed. There have been days that I didn�t know which way was up and I have spent many, many days in the pity pot. Trust me when I say I UNDERSTAND what you are going through out there. Sorting out the feelings you are experiencing can be very difficult. If it is too much for you to handle right now, quit analyzing the way you feel and put those thoughts on the back burner for the time being. Tomorrow is another day. Quitting smoking is like being given a new life. It is almost as if we are able to wipe the slate clean and start all over again. When we quit smoking, we change. The way we think, the way we deal with things and other people changes. We see the world through different eyes. I have always told my children �It is up to you what kind of person you want to be�. Drag out those positive attitudes. You NEED them for your quit. Look at the good not the bad. See the cup as half full not half empty. You are fighting for your lives and you are winning! It is a slow process that includes one battle at a time; one day at a time; one step at a time; one craving at a time. There was an awesome group of quitters around when I quit. One thing that kept us going was each other! We leaned on each other, we fought together, we laughed, and we cried, we joked, we partied and we celebrated every milestone together. The Smobers are an excellent group of quitters and the majority of us are still quit so I am sharing this information with you in hopes that it helps you to get off your butts, get rid of the butts and get through this quit! There is power in numbers. Be accountable not only to yourself but to your fellow quit mates on these boards. Laugh together! Laugh, laugh and laugh some more. Laughter really is the best medicine. If you were to do a search (on this site) on the word Smobers, you would find most of those threads to be parties where quitters were desperately doing everything in their power to hold on to t
Oh god, forgive me, about the date - year thing... my head feels like it is going to explode right now. Sorry Lady.. My thoughts and prayers are with you! :blush:
Lady, first of all CONGRATULATIONS ON ONE WHOLE YEAR!!!! I have been waiting for a few days to say that to you! Secondly, I dont know what it is, but I will try to send some good energy and prayers your way. You are a lovely lady, your kindness shows through in all of your posts and i watch you trying to help others. I really hope that whatever it is, is not as bad you think it is. Of cours that you do not smoke. It has been one year, and smoking certainly will NOT make things better, whatever it will make it worse. My thoughts are with you x
17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Lady. I was going to start a new post to describe the hell day I'm having myself, but thought your post would be just the same since you're feeling the same as I am. Funny how the nicodemon can almost get us to give in. I've been looking for a fight with anyone today. I think so I can use them as the scapegoat for me giving in. I will not give in !! I will not start over from day 1. It will not make me feel better, it will make me feel worse for giving in. Lady you can this, you are so close to a year of freedom. DO NOT smoke. Go to bed until the morning if taht's what it will take for you not to smoke. Hold On To Your QUIT. Prayers are being sent your way!! D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, My kids and I said a prayer for you when they went to bed. I'm going to bed now to, so goodnight, and may God be with you tonight. I know the weather inside you will be better tomorrow. Mama PS, are you still going to lead us in a party this weekend? Us newbies that have never experianced that were looking forward to it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$74,944.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6524 Hours: 14

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

You are probly right that there are a lot of people in your life that don't even know you ever smoked! How shocked would they be if you started again! And would you want to be subject to all that judgement again. (remember having to stand outside like a refuge?) I would care very deeply because you have given me hope. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$74,944.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

P.S. I e-mailed to my new singles prayer group. They gave me the directory so I could e-mail if I had trouble but I used it for you. That is about 250 people here in Houston praying for you. The bible says that He is there whereever two or more are agreeing in prayer. So you have His help. If you can't resist, lean on His strenth. He will be your refuge. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 187 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$74,944.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope everything is a bit brighter today for you Lady. Thinking of you, Breaking Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$54,505.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 10

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady -->[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG]<-- Breaking Free I'm so sorry you are not doing good right now. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/yahoo_worried.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/smiley_abcr.gif[/IMG] If you need someone to talk to ... I'm here. I'm doing housework all day today ... I'll be back and forth from the computer. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$54,505.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 10

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: