Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Losing it!

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, Thanks for checking in, and letting us know how you are doing. Phillip I don't know if this will help you, but I have joined a group therapy group, and also counseling. In the beginning it was not for smoking but it has helped with my quit. Things are beginning to surface that I didn't know was a problem. I was about ready to drop it all until Luna convinced me to continue both. Just a thought, but I'm glad that you are feeling well enough to go outside and walk your dog and talk to people in the park... Take care. Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,592 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $532 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$229,918.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 9

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, Hang in there, please don't smoke. I know that you know all of the coping skills. Can you try to relax, and just try to relax every muscle in your body. Are you having a panic attack? It sounds like me when I have one. Please, look at those 111 days, you're at the beach and going forward. I know that you have been under a lot of stress trying to get your office set-up. Can you take a break and go swimming? Have you looked at why you quit...Try to regroup and start thinking of other things. I know that you have been having trouble for a week or so. Are you still concerned about your health? There are just so many things that get to us each and every day. Phillip, please don't smoke!!! Know that I am thinking and praying for you....Will check in later. Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,591 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $532 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$229,918.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 9

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am just going to put my head in my hands and roll on the floor. This is agony and harder than the first days of this. I am salivating at the thought of smoking and I have really done a lot to move the thoughts out of my mind to focus on something else. Perhaps I should find a hypnotist? I really am at my whits end. I feel like the dog at the end of the chain and I keep pulling on the tether, I wish it would just pull out. Writting has helped in the past and perhaps that is what I should do now go off and write. I need to walk the dog and I have to go by the convenience store, no I don't really I can go in the other direction. That is what I did in the first days and that is what I will have to do today. I feel like I am starting all over again, without actually having gone out and smoked. Thats a crappy feeling. UGH. Still waiting for help, words, wisdomI will go write in my journal walk the dog and get a lovely coffee on the way. All my determination, getting up all my nerve to go out and not smoke. Phillip :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
I feel lost. I feel like I am losing it. I crave all the time, my chest feels like it is sucking air, each time I take a deep breath I am caught in the image of smoking. I want to run and hid and there is no hiding. There is simply the battle to not smoke and I feel like I am losing it. This battle sems endless and unrelenting and I am sad and lonely and just plain afraid that I will get off the wagon, that I will smoke. Help, information, reframing advice, experiential assistance anything! Phillip :confuse: :8o: :blush: :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Just went for a walk with the dog. Met some lovely people in the park. Slowed everything down. Just like swimming a length. Big breath in, into the water rise up and kick for a count of six kick some more and begin to swim focusing the whole time on getting to the other end. This quitting is so like swimming! Thanks for the replies. Rusty you are absolutely correct. this is about more than the quit. I have been quite overwhelmed in the changes that I have happening at my work. I have and have always had very little ability to compartmentalize my life and all the aspects of it intermingle. So yes this is about more than the quit and it really is about how I view myself in all aspects of my life. I know that I am a fighter and I know how I hold myself and that if I hold myself in the light of losing this battle I will go down as swiftly as the Titanic. If on the other hand like with swimming I image, vision the goal I can move with far greater ease, and actually get to attaining the goal. Thanks all I feel very supported and wonderfully acknowledged by the care and concern you show for me. Today will be about slowing down, taking it easy and going one step at a time. Thanks Itsironinc looks just like Magic that big blackberry nose, just waiting for a smooch. Thanks Peace I will check in as I can through the day. I hope that this gets easier. Phillip :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Thanks for the replies Here I am in tears afraid to go out. Frustrated because this quit, I seem so very fragile right now. I know I am strong, I know I am a fighter and yet I feel weak and afraid and just plain sad. There is another post about this should be done. I know it is not done and I know it will be some time . I just wish it weren't so darned challenging. Thanks :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Thanks Colleen and Fish and Breaking Free and Martha and Rob and No Smoking and Jonlin and everyone. I feel amazingly supported and cared for thank you and bless you. I am so glad that I have you all on my journey. I haven't said this before and perhaps I shouldn't say this but this is really group therapy for me. A little impersonal, perhaps, because it is over a cable and into a computer but believe me it is still group therapy. This is also peer counselling. I am grateful and really impressed by the "work" that is done here and the amount of sharing, the ability to remain accountable and the awesome amount of change and action towards personal betterment that happens within this site. I should know this is what I "do". I am constantly astounded by the support and the amount of care that is extended here on this site. Today it was my priveledge and my honour to receive the support and care of my peers and those around me. Thank you. The support that I was benefitted with today was something I just could not give myself, today. I was overwhelmed and anxious and just giving myself too much to do. I pulled back and all seemed to go better. I did a one hour swim tonight which has moved from 600 to 800 metres, to between 1200 and 1400 metres. Today I did 1400 metres, thats 56 lengths in the 25 metre pool. I would have said that doing that was crazy in January and now I want to get even faster to do 1600 in the hour or 1800 and we, I, will see. I am celebrating that I have stuck to the swimming. I am celebrating that I am sticking to the quit. There are so many physical benefits to the not smoking and besides I got told this afternoon that I smelled good. I always like when people tell me I smell good and it was one of the things that I was very self concious about as a smoker. So I have not smoked. I was very very low today and I believe it was straight from the amount of energy I was putting into the thought of smoking. When I took that energy and placed it on reading, swimming, having a lovely dinner, (avocadoes are great right now). Placing the thoughts on something else I was able to shift the energy. I hope that it was more than momentary and I will see what happens tomorrow. Thank You all. Blessings and good energy to you all. I can not say
Rusty Thanks for the rant. I have been treated for depression for years, from my childhood and been on several different kinds of drugs for depression. What is happening for me today has not to do with clinical depression. I believe fully it has to do with my own sense of over/under whelm and how I see myself and the type of selftalk I give to myself. AND on that not it is very important that quitters look into depression and what it is all about, there are really great sites out there. Terrance Real is an author for men that can be very helpful, he was able to delineate what is depression, numbness and what is emotion. Cuddles Thanks. I love seeing what I wrote not so long ago. Luna. Like I said to Rusty this is really about my own sense of how much I can accomplish in a day. I am really glad my body, mind came and gave me a very big nudge to say slow down you are treading into very dangerous territory. BFS Yes just like going from one end of the pool to the other 115 days ago I couldn't do it no how and now I can do it in a 25 metre or the 50 metre really deep! Thanks For me I am just taking the day slow and steady. One stroke at a time. Thanks all and you are all wonderful for being here for me. I am still craving and I am absolutely not caving. No smoking here in TO. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip - I can't really add to all you've received here. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and I am pulling strong for you. You will get to the other side of this, friend. Believe in yourself. Life or death, live or die. There is only do, there is no try. Choice puts the free in freedom. No hurries, no worries. Seek and ye shall find. Keep fightin' the good fight - fish
17 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, Sounds like you are taking the high road to me. (with some bumps, mind you, but you handle them just fine). Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 968 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: