Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Anxiety-excuses-slip?

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Listen too young becareful with that drug it is a antideppresent and could have the reverse on you i would check in with your doctor on this sooner than later. Its not suitable for all people, especially if you have depression and anxiety issues happening. just remember that everyone reacts differently to all sorts of things and to keep in touch with your doctor ok concerned
  • Quit Meter

$363,328.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6523 Hours: 21

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think the moderators on here listed a sister support site that might help. I don't remember the addy, but I'm sure as soon as one of the mods log on they could give it to you. Hang on ... your stats are looking great. Don't give up your quit for anything. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$54,499.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 18

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
tooyoung, You've gotten some pretty good advice here. (Thanks for sharing guys.) I'd have to agree healthier me. If you feel like the Wellbutrin isn't working or making things worse, it's time to go back to the MD'. I'm sure you'll be able to find a solution together. In the meantime, focus on your accomplishments. You have 106 days under your belt! Smoking was something you used to calm yourself when you were stressed. Now that we've taken the cigarette away, you need to find something else to calm yourself. Set aside a little time to do something you love. It's all about replacing that old habit with a new one. Hope this helps, Danielle ______________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi TooYoung, Too Young to die? I think we all are and none of us deserve to be a victim of this dreadful addiction. I'm at a similar stage to you in the quit (ie a newcomer on the Beach). I believed that I have learnt the following about quitting: People often say that there are 2 factors in quitting (habit and addiction). I believe that there are 3. If you quit with patches, you beat the habit first, then deal with the addiction factor as you reduce the nicotine level stage by stage. Quitting cold turkey involves beating both at once: too tough for me, but some people (Allen Carr included) prefer the Big Bang approach. The third factor is related to rewards, often discussed here. There is a thread 'Rewards, Nicotine and the Brain' that is well worth the read. After about 9-10 weeks on the patches, I finally went 'naked', so after a few days, had no nicotine left in my body. So why the continued 'cravings' from time to time? Problem is that before the NicoDemon departs, he has left a little message with the Brain, which reads 'Where's my reward, it's time for my reward, I want my reward!' As 90, 100, 110 day quitters, we feel we've made a great effort to get here and have had enough of the NicoDemon. He's even talking to us after he's gone! This is why I think some people experience negative feelings at this stage of the quit. If we can all understand and accept what is going on here the 'voices' will have little or no effect. Our brains are adjusting to a new life, at this stage a piece of fruit, a cup of coffee, whatever, are scant rewards for the 'real thing'. However this will gradually change as we live our lives more fully and forget the old addict self. I'm looking forward to my 6 month, 1 year, 10 year quit anniversaries Mr Ed :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �832.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vonda - You are 106 days into your quit. I am very close behind you. Riverdale Man is as well where you are. Check out his postings in The Forum. The advice that we are getting from the folks here that have a longgggg quit is that at this stage of the game there is a odd feeling of depression, weariness, and intense cravings. Could it be that this is the last huge stand that the junkie in us is making? I'm not sure. I know that we always have to be on the lookout for that nic demon but as we grow older in our quit he seems to be quieter. Maybe this is the time to regroup, take up some new hobby, get outside, plant in the garden, change up your exercise routine - but most of all don't smoke. You are doing the best thing that you can do for your health, your life and your family. Sometimes Wellbutrin makes things worse. My husband could not take it - it made him wacky and sick to his stomach. Maybe this is the physical thing that you are going through. It takes about a month for it to help with the cravings and depression. But in the meantime it does make you feel sick. This is One day at a Time, One Minute at a time that we chose not to smoke. You can do this! I know that you can. Take Care Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $204 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,100.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5860 Hours: 3

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Vonda, Oh my goodness, you're at the beach. Congratulations on your 106 days. Did you check in with us at the beach? If you did we missed it. That is a great milestone, and give you reason to feel good. When you reach these special milestones please post so we will all know. I know something about anxiety attacks, and they are the Pitt's. I know when I get to feeling not myself I try to relax. I either lay down on the bed or the floor and start my deep breathing. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. But most of the time it works. I am on medication for it and it does help. I know that there will always be something that will get me upset if I smoke or not.. So I choose not to smoke....Always keep your guard up high. The junkie loves it when we leave our door open. Rewards are so very important, it took me a long time to realize that. They don't have to cost much, or just something you enjoy. I'm so glad that you came and posted, you can do this Vonda, you have already proved 106 days, and that is huge. Come on over to the beach and join in the fun... Vonda, keep on fighting and know that YOU CAN DO THIS, I know that you can and we are all helping you fight for your quit. Be blessed, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $514.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$229,918.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 9

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have read some posts, less lately than when I first quit. I think the more I am reading, the more excuses I am trying to find to slip. That first couple of weeks is kind of a blur, but was managable. I have been having too many issues lately. Did I do too many things at one time instead of conquering one at a time? Homesick from family, debt issues, marital issues, back to work after 2 years off, very depressed - started taking wellbutrin and does not seem to be helping at all, tight muscles, nauseaus, ..... The anxiety has gotten very intense. Please remind me to take it one day at a time. Has anyone else experienced anxiety which is growing at this stage. Just TIRED.. tired of fighting with spouse, cravings, depression. As my spouse says - moping all the time and feeling sorry for myself. Any suggestions on a snap to come back alive instead of spiraling down? I have gotten in touch with a local church, maybe some praying, also may get screened for anxiety - don't know how much I can spend on treatment.. Thanks for listening and being here. Vonda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Thanks Island Girl..I've been on butrin for at least 2 months, seems to be making me fall further down. I did quit taking it 2 days ago. I don't want to slip - too much work so far and couldn't handle any more negativity. I thank you for the positivity - which I have got to get back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,279 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $203.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Thanks guys, I try to look for the positive - just difficult for a negative person. Anyway, thanks a bunch for all the support, haven't smoked yet, haven't bought any yet - trying to hang on. Getting in touch with God has helped a little. Vonda
17 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
too young, I can certainly relate. At around the same time frame in my quit, there was about a week period of ups and dooooowwwwwwwwwnnnnnns. For me, I had coordinated a running race I had been training for for my 100 day mark and my reward was a week's vacation a week later. The week in between was low. I crawled through, just like every other low in my quit. Just don't quit crawling. The addict in you will create any kinda of justification for you to smoke and will attack any weakness. Leave none open. Protect yourself and protect your quit. And be kind to yourself, you have fought hard so far and maybe you need a rest before beginning the next leg of the journey. Always believe in yourself, always. And if you're feeling crappy and no fun to be around, spend some time alone. If you can't and you have nothing good to say, sometimes silence is golden. life or death, live or die. there is only do, there is no try. choice puts the free in freedom. no hurries, no worries. keep fightin' the good fight - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $835 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: