Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I?m a non-smoker!

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes it does feel good to be a non smoker. Day 50 for me and it is now more the norm for the day to not even think about smoking. It does creep in there at the most un-opportune times yet at this stage I seem to be much better equipped both mentally and physically to fend off those urges and keep moving forward without the smokes. Unfortunately as we all know this addiction will always be there just waiting to peek it's ugly head out behind the door, but the longer we go the stronger we get. As I know from learning the hard way there is NO such thing as just having one. Stay strong Sparrow, Breathefree we are winning this battle. No retreats allowed we must win this battle!!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,082.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 13

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Breathefree!

Be sure to follow the instructions on the packaging and talk to a Doctor or Pharmacist if you have any questions about the medication. It sounds like you are well prepared. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Breathefree,
 Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center website. You Pappy and Sparrow all quit about the same time, so it's good to have buddies that know what you are going through right now. It's awesome to have so many quitters quitting at the same time around here too.  "I can't get complacent though" Right you are. You never know when that nasty Nico-Demon will show his face and try and make you "have just one", which we all know can NEVER happen. There is NO such thing as "just one" as many quitters have had to learn the hard way. "like my anxiety and how to try and settle that down a bit without smoking" Having to relearn how to deal with everyday life, emotions AND the unexpected "issues" that pop up once in a while without a cigarette does take some time... and patience.  Okay a LOT of patience.  It will happen, but just not overnight. Kind of like learning to walk or ride a bike. Perseverance will pay off in the end.  "I'm feeling like my health might have a chance now and also confidence seems to be improving" That's great to hear. The more confident you feel the easier it should be to fight off those urges that sneak up once in a while. It sounds like you are doing great, keep the quit going!
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,183.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 9

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi breathfree. Congratulations.....5 weeks is fantastic. You must be so happy as its such a liberating thing to do and l hear that it hasnt been easy for you. Smoking since 9yrs old....wow. lm glad you have finally found your way. Im also using the spray. It has been a lifeline for me but lm trying to get off it now. It sounds like NRTs have been really helpful for you.....whatever works l reckon. Youre right in saying theres a lot to untangle. Its a long road to full recovery but so worth the effort and youre well on your way there.
Well done!
  • Quit Meter

$13,840.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 101 Hours: 3

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou Pappy and very well done on your 45 days smoke-free! Yes it does feel really good to finally feel the road to freedom from smoking. I'm finding as the weeks go by that my mind is starting to change from thinking about smoking all or most of the time to big chunks of time where I don't think about it and that really helps the urges and cravings. I started when I was 9 years old and quickly became a chronic smoker. I've tried multiple times to quit but that was cold-turkey as the patches and other cessation aids weren't available then. I'm finding the patches really take the edge off and some days are worse than others when I use the inhaler more and also the spray. There seems to be so much to untangle regards cravings and urges like my anxiety and how to try and settle that down a bit without smoking. I'm the sort that one puff and I'm back on it so this will be constant work for a good while but I'm feeling like my health might have a chance now and also confidence seems to be improving, best of luck to you.
  • Quit Meter

$16,065.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 260 Hours: 4

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Breathefree! Glad you could join us and share your journey. I am also currently using the patch in my quit and am currently on day 45. It feels great to be a non smoker doesn't it? Stay strong and keep on sharing it's nice to hear from others who are sharing the same experiences.
  • Quit Meter

$16,082.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 13

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I'm 42 years a smoker, I quit 5 weeks ago and am overjoyed. I can't get complacent though and will be using nicotine patches for 6 months to a year, also using inhaler and spray. Wishing everyone best of luck on our stop smoking journey.
  • Quit Meter

$16,065.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 260 Hours: 4

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: