Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

New here!

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sasha,
 Welcome to the Stop Smoking Center. Fist off, you should go through the "my program" program at the top of the page. It has some tips for helping you along your quit journey. Second, I'd recommend reading through these forums. Read, read, read. There is a lot of good information in here that can also help you on your journey. Third, if you haven't yet, talk to your doctor about quitting and possibly using nicotine replacement therapy. Some people can quit cold turkey and some can use the assistance of NRT to help out on the quit journey. What really matters is that you set date to quit and stick with it, even if unexpected "things" pop up along the way. You can't let distractions, or "stress" or anything else stand in your way of beating this addiction. For some, its easy, for others very hard. It all depends on your attitude towards it. Be stronger than the nicotine urges. I wish you the best on your journey. Please keep us updated on your progress okay?
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 8

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new here too. I see you have quit for 5 days. I am on day 1 of just trying to cut down before I quit. Do you have any suggestions. I need all the help I can get cause I also struggle with PTSD. 
  • Quit Meter

$340,552.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 16

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Danegrl,

Congrats on getting started! I am glad to hear you have some quit experience. The more knowledge you have about quitting, the better.  It is very common for a stress to be a trigger for many, how will you manage stress this time around? What did you learn from your past quit attempts?

How are you doing today?

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 5 days!! Keep up the good fight. SSC is a great place to source information shared by others about quitting. Feel free to vent as well about your quit as we are all facing the same battle and are here to lean on one another for support. Don't forget to keep us updated on your progress.
  • Quit Meter

$16,073.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 368 Hours: 12

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on quitting and making the first 4 days. Good news....the nicotine is now out of your system....thats something to celebrate. You sound so determined which is great. With that attitude youll go far and leave the dirty habit for dust. Stress is probably the major trigger for all smokers and we are wired to believe that smoking helps us when we're stressed. In actual fact it doesnt. We just have to retrain our brain.   Wishing you well and good luck with getting your partner on board.
  • Quit Meter

$13,832.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 101 Hours: 2

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danegrl,
 Welcome to the SSC. Four days already on your quit journey. How are you doing so far? Are you going cold turkey or using NRT? Stress is one of the many reasons we  use for starting up smoking again. The sad part is that stress is always going to a part of our lives, and instead of taking up smoking, we need to learn how to deal with stress in a different way. "I want this to be the last time that I quit, I don't want to have one more puff ever!" That's the kind of attitude you need for this.  Good luck on the banning smoking with your significant other, hope it works out for you. Has he tried to quit before? I wish you the best on this, hopefully your LAST, quit journey. 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 8

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I had my last cigarette before bed March 31st.  I have quit before multiple times.  I think the longest was almost 2 years, but then stresses of life and divorce came into play and I started smoking again.  That was 4 years ago, and it's been a long time past that I can use that as an excuse anymore.  I want this to be the last time that I quit, I don't want to have one more puff ever!!  My biggest challenge will be that my significant other is a heavy smoker, but I'm banning smoking at my house and I'm hoping that maybe this will push him to possibly quit as well. 
  • Quit Meter

$6,164.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 208 Hours: 11

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: