Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

I quit smoking today, March 22, 2018

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gary,
 Are you still on your quit journey? It's been over a week since you quit and we have not heard much from you. Hope you are still doing well. Fight those urges any way you can. Keep us updated on your progress okay?
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,207.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 7

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gary!

I just hopefully had my last cigarette today! I wish you the best of luck sir, hope you can quit the smokes!
  • Quit Meter

$90,824.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6487 Hours: 12

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Gary! I also am using the patch in my quit and it really has been a great help to me. Stay strong, you can do this!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,116.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 369 Hours: 11

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gary
So great to hear. Im 3 weeks into my quit....so far so good. You sound very determined and l found that was important for me on this quit because l had tried many times and failed but this time l had more determination about it. Hold tight to that determination and tell yourself that its not that hard. Youre just changing a habit. Honestly l found that once l got past thinking this was the hardest thing ever it wasnt nearly as hard as l expected.
Youre armed with patches....thats a good thing since youre getting off a large amount. If you find the patches arent enough you can try what has really helped me through. Its the nicotine spray. I have found this to be "gold" for my quit. The reason is l substitute it so when l would normally have a smoke l pump 2 sprays instead and also it has a really intense mint flavor that burns your tongue a little and that takes my mind off wanting a smoke. If you find the patches arent sufficient l highly recommend it.
The other thing is the most intense minty lollies you can find....preferably the hard variety. The intense minty hit when you feel like smoking diverts your mind from wanting a smoke and also doing something with your mouth is useful.
Try to avoid places and situations in the early days that make you crave. For me going out was a trigger for me so l mostly stayed home in the beginning. I cant drink and not smoke so lm avoiding alcohol at all costs. And distract, distract, distract. Keep busy with things you find enjoyable and avoid stressful activities and situations.
Good luck comrade! Keep us posted  

• Quit Meter

$13,872.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 101 Hours: 9

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all,

I quit smoking today, March 22, 2018.  I was a heavy smoker, 2 to 3 packs per day.  I've smoked for 49 years and it's time for me to conquer the demon once and for all.  I've made numerous attempts to quit in the past, all of those failed quits were attempted cold turkey.  This time, I'm on the patch program.  I'm very determined to do it this time.  I am here to meet others who have a successful quit and for support.  I have no health problems from smoking, so this is a good time for me to quit smoking before I develop issues. 

Gary

• Quit Meter

$7,005.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 454 Hours: 1

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked