Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New here, intro

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi chops! How did you go? I hope your still going strong? It’s a real challenge to quit and stay quit, so worth it
  • Quit Meter

$77,616.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 228 Hours: 9

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look young man you only 17 years old and I have advice for you.....Don't take those things .with you for the next day and run away from them if you could ..1:Drugs....,2:alcohol....,3:smoke and...... 4:fake friends...also  remember respect is everything....Peace .
5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello i am 17 and have been smoking or over a year non stop. i know that its bad for me but i am determined to quit before my addiction gets any worse i smoke between 8-10 tabs a day some times more if i feel stressed but i cant go a hour wityhout gasping for a tab now. and this is the reason i am trying to quit i have tried once before but it hasnt worked
  • Quit Meter

$115,805.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 2938 Hours: 18

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chops1971,
 Welcome to the site, and a BIG congratulations on your quit journey!   18 days already and you haven't caved in to that nasty NicoDemon. 
As for your mood swings, you're not doing anything wrong.  It's all a part of the journey. You smoked for over 30 years and you had a daily "routine" that you went through all revolving around those nasty cigarettes. Now since you've quit, it's a whole new routine. There's going to be bad days and good days, but it will get easier with time. You have to re-train your brain to function without the cigarettes, just takes time. Keep that positive attitude with you at all times. It really does help. The mental part of the quit can be hard at times at the beginning. If you have the time, I'd suggest you do some reading in these forums. There is a lot of good information and help suggestions in here. The more you know the easier it should be. 
Stay strong and watch out for those triggers that are everywhere!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 18

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello. I am 46 years old, have smoked daily since about 15-16. Picked up first cig at 12-13. I am on my 18th day smoke free and nicotine free in any form. So although the physical withdrawals are over, it is still messing with my head pretty severely at times. Most of all when I am bored and I can’t do anything about it. I have been debating getting a zero nicotine vape setup for an aid. I do NOT want to introduce the drug back into my system after almost 3 weeks. It is difficult at times, sometimes not at all. So I guess my mood just changes a lot right now. I am still going through pretty tough spells of just feeling down, empty, depressed. Also I am a Christian so I am trying to keep praying and staying positive. I believe that if I were only 3,4,5 days in I’d cave. But at 18 I don’t want to start all over! It’s not all doom and gloom sorry to make it sound that way. But the tough times are really tough. I am struggling with getting the mindset that I am not depriving myself of anything to firmly stick. Thank you and any advice would be greatly appreciated. I DO NOT wish to be a miserable former smoker, I want to be HAPPY doing this. I just must be doing something wrong.
  • Quit Meter

$204,363.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7690 Hours: 19

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: