Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Are these feelings normal??

6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to smoke just to feel good about myself. Then as i grow older it became a stress reliever. Somewhere down the line; smoking became the very cause of my stress and anxieties. So couple with a promise i given to my late mother that i would quit, i choose 12th June 2016 as my quit date. It was rough, but then again doing something great always comes with challenges. You will stumble; crawl up again but don't give up, endure it and keep telling yourself that this cigarette will no longer dictate the term of your life. After a rough 3 months, the second you breath in fresh air into your healing lungs, you will think why in the god name i smoke in the first place. I can smell and taste food better now and i don't walk around smelling like an ashtray. Since it was our fault for smoking in the first so we must face the consequences. If not now then when? Its not that hard( actually it was difficult- just don't want to dispirit you); but try to get through 1 day at a time, stay strong and be positive. Not a Puff Since.   
  • Quit Meter

$255,459.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6704 Hours: 16

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not at all Chandlerbing!

Quitting is extremely challenging and can make people quite emotional for a number of reasons. Do not beat yourself up over this. The key is to find what works for you. It sounds like quitting cold turkey may not work for you. Have you thought about talking to your doctor about quitting smoking? You doctor will be able to suggest options for you that will help you to quit. 

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chandlerbing,
 Sometimes hasty decisions can work against you. To me, it does not sound like you had planned your quit yet, so you weren't ready to do battle with the NicoDemon. I'd advise you to go through the program at the top of the page. It will help prepare you for your quit journey. You're not crazy or being over dramatic, you just were not prepared. How long have you been smoking, and how many a day? Make a mental note now of how disgusted you are with smoking at this point in time, you can use it in your quit journey for support. Stay strong!

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,225.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 19

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I understand wrong ""stupid me.lol.""....anyway you here in quit smoking site while you still smoke and that's GOOD thing also saying that you want do something about your addiction to nicotine. Just do it ok choose a day as your quit date and do it as I said before you will love your life as a nonsmoker .if you want support you in the right place for it we have well educated health educators and many people's was in your shoe they take the first step using this wonderful site to quit and now they celebrate every year with them success "including me lol" YOU CAN DO IT. Good luck.
6 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there and welcome to the site also congratulations on your decision to not harm your body anymore .what you feeling right now is normal but this is not how you gonna feel for life after quitting smoke. Take it as a adjustment period after that everything will be fine just fine and I am sure you will love your life as a nonsmoker ,just take it one day at a time and don't look back. Good luck.
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I woke up 3 days ago and said I can't do this anymore. Everytime I was hitting my cigarette, I would cough so hard that I would throw up. My chest and lungs hurt and I was just over it. I'm 38 and never wanted to quit but now I lost my voice (from the coughing) and I just can't enjoy it anymore. But I made such a huge decision so fast (within 6 hours I said no more) that I am an emotional wreck. It's only been 3 days and I've only smoked a few cigarettes each day, I have such immense guilt that I just couldn't quit like I said I was going to. Am I crazy or being over dramatic?
  • Quit Meter

$149,869.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4418 Hours: 18

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: