Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Can I do this again? Worried....

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Pinklantana,

I suggest speaking to your doctor about quit aids. There are lots of options that will help you to quit. Also, what worked when you quit for 4 years? How were you able to do it then?

Many people gain about 5 pounds when they quit smoking but some people do not gain weight. To avoid weight gain I would recommend munching on healthy snacks like veggies, fruit, air popped popcorn or other low calorie snacks.

It has been quite a few days since you posted last. How are you doing today?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Also to add... I have tried pills, patch, gum and vape. Only cold turkey worked before. I am a rip the bandaid off kind of person. The rest was actually harder for me.

• Quit Meter

$35,751.48

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 295 Hours: 14

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I smoked about 25 years, evolved to about 2 packs a day. Quit for 4 years, slipped and right back at 2 packs a day for last 1.5 years. I have tried on multiple occasions to stop only to last 12 hrs. to 9 days since. I am bound and determined to accomplish this. I need help and advice. I need someone to tell me it's ok to eat junk food! I have gained alot of weight I think because of my multiple attempts. I am now 30lbs. overweight. I know quitting again is going to add a few more. I am totally frustrated with myself because I have quit for 4 years before and I know first hand how wonderful it felt to be free. I also now know how slippery that slope of just one is. I just don't understand why the hurdle is so hard now, knowing I know the freedom! Where am I going wrong? Can any body help? I can't believe I joined a group. I just know I need help to accomplish this. My kids are grown. My youngest daughter, of 4 "kiddos", told me last night she is getting married! I want to see grandkids having kids. Also in 10 days I will start babysitting a 2 yr old and a 4yr old at the end of May. I know I got to get this out of my system fast! "healthy" snacks were a joke on my last real quit. Ice cream a few times a day and drive tru breakfasts helped me do it. Now I read don't do that. What's worse really? My family just rolls their eyes now when I announce a quit (because I fail so much) and make themselves scarce because a lazy demon comes out of me. I have one daughter who is already married that seems to be the only one who will come over,sleep over and put up with me. She gives me support by making strong catnip tea and making sure nothing goes out of balance. She seems to be the only one who hasn't given up on me totally yet....I called her a little while ago and said tomorrow is it. She said "I'll be there in the morning." She'll just veg out playing games on her computer until I start melting down. But she'll be here for my week. What can I do to make it this time. Please someone tell me if I eat a whole package of oreos or a box of cereal, that's ok. I know this is long and drawn out but actually it's short in my world. It feels like I'm surfing. I got up and let myself down and now I got get keep fighting to get back on that board again. Help please! any any advice is priceless. Tomorrow morning is it. I'm done come hell or high water!
  • Quit Meter

$35,751.48

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 295 Hours: 14

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: