Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Once more from the top.

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Paul!

Thanks for introducing yourself and congrats on getting started.

It has been a few days since you posted and stopped smoking. How are you doing? How are you managing?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is hour 18 since I last had a cigarette.

Wait, that was more melodramatic than I wanted to be.

I'm Paul. I've been smoking off and on (more on than off) since I was about 25. I started when I was in the Army. I'm 38 now, and for a while last year I was going great with not smoking. I had about six months. And then it all kind of collapsed out from under me, and I started smoking again.

I'm pretty sure my story is neither new nor exciting. I mostly smoke when I drink. But it's not like they sell single serving cigarettes in the US (which from a purely capitalistic approach, you know, why not?). So I'll buy a pack when I go out, by myself or with friends. And I won't smoke the whole pack. But I'll have that pack for the next day, and it'll be just one while I'm driving. Or just one while I'm waiting. Or just one because I just had just one.  That sort of thing.

When I'm not smoking and hating myself for it, I like to run and do things like krav maga or write.

So.  Hi. 
  • Quit Meter

$102,165.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6985 Hours: 19

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked