Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello, I?m New Here

10 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey motivated. How has your first day been? Hope you are still going strong. John
10 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tim, so true. The mental battle has been my downfall before. Heck, it's been my barrier to even try. But it's a battle I plan to be the winner of. :) L.
10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Motivated & Ytsgalaxy,
 You both sound like you have the right attitude to do this.  It is hard at the start but it does get a lot easier as each day goes by. After 3 days all of the nicotine is purged from your system, then it's all mental, the hardest part in my opinion. But if you have that CAN-DO attitude, you can do just about anything you want to.  Life only gets better each and every day of your quit. 
Hang tough and stay strong..... 
  • Quit Meter

$23,219.90

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 772 Hours: 17

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks again John! Such a simple trick, and yet seems daunting when you're in the throes of it. I can relate to the past 5 months of turmoil you've had - I've been about 2 years of that, the wrestle with myself just to get it done. I get it. I don't see this as something to mourn, although I think I will at certain times in certain ways, but I am trying to get and keep an excited state about it and how much better and empowered I will feel. The feeling that comes across from so many of these posts of Quitters. Happy Quitters - which is what I find so inspiring and want to be me. I know this can be me too and, better yet, I want it to be me. It does seem we're on a similar journey with you a few steps ahead of me. The support and your experience is much appreciated as I take my first, shaky steps. :) L.
You can do it. The trick is just never to smoke again. As each day goes by it will just get easier and easier. All you have to do is hold out for 72 hours. After that it's going to be much easier. I attempted to quit for the first time in my life 6 months ago. To my surprise I didn't smoke for 28 days, I was fine, felt well didn't have any urges in fact it was one of the happiest periods of my life. Sadly I just bought a pack and started again.... These past 5 months have been a living hell for me because I've been smoking. I just kept comparing every day with how it was when I wasn't smoking. As a result I said to myself enough is enough and I stopped a month ago and this time it's for good. It had been almost as easy the second time round too. Btw I'm 39 years old and have been a chain smoker for 23 years that's 2 packs plus a day and if I kicked the habit/addiction so can you and others. You just have to want it badly enough. Cold Turkey is the easiest and kindest way imho. john
Thanks for the support and encouragement, John! I am ready to battle this demon and get past it. One month from now, I plan to be where you are today :)
all the best. it's not that hard provided you really want to stop. do whatever you want to do just don't smoke. If you perceveer you will be pleasantly surprised and a new and better life awaits you. I'm on the same boat as you just stopped one month before you. you can do it. john
Good Morning! I'm glad to have found this program and community to help me with my Quit. I've smoked since I was a teenager and am now 41. It's my time. I've tried quitting a few times but have not been successful. I know all it takes is the one time for it to work so here I am. I spent a lot of yesterday reading through Forum posts and getting familiar with the program. Hope to be in touch. L.

Reading this thread: