Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I am new.

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome sammyy!

How are you doing  today?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sammeyr!
You know some of the reasons you want to quit and you have joined this forum, so you have taken your first steps on your road to recovery.
Keep adding to this list and it will help you on your quit journey.. 

Red..
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammeyr,

I also read a hesitancy in your post, or is it just the fear of the unknown?

One of the reasons you keep smoking is Addiction.  You are an addict, and, as such you have to face the fact that you are not completely in charge of your body.  You are addicted to Nicotine, one of the hardest drugs to conquer!!!  Having said that, many of us here at SSC did just that....we wanted to quit more than we wanted to smoke, and we chose to fight the battle with our addiction.  Just look at how many of us won the battle!

Do read lots on this site and do the programme....it helps greatly to get your mind set up to prepare for your quit.  Remember the 6 Ps - Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance....or so my ex-military husband used to say.  Prepare yourself well, then set a date....not the other way round.  Stay with us here and we will give you support.  We are with you and know how you feel.

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sammyr!!!

Welcome to the SSC!!!  If you do much reading here, you will know that you CAN do this, just like many of the other SSC members have over the years!  Stick close and prepare yourself well for your  journey to freedom!  There is a wealth of knowledge here and now that the site is back to normal, there should be many more members here to welcome you and lend any support you may need!  We're all rooting for you!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 11

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammeyr,
 Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking. It still sounds like you are a little hesitant on giving up cigarettes though. For your quit to work, you need to have a positive attitude, a "can do" attitude. Yes it will probably be hard, but if you really want to, you CAN do this. There is a lot to read on this great website, learn all you can and it will help make your quit easier for you. The website is having technical problems right now and is running slow, but don't let that stop you from reading in the forums. There are a lot of great people on here that have and/or are going through what you are going to attempt, and we do understand what you are feeling. I wish you the best on your journey, and hang in there!
  • Quit Meter

$23,177.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 5

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thought that I would post on here. I have been trying to get some much need support on quieting smoking. I keep telling myself that I need to stop. I had a grandmother die from lung cancer. She has smoked for over 50 years. She passed away 13 years ago. It bothered me to a point. I still keep smoking. I know that there are major health issues with smoking. That is the main reason that I want to quit. Plus there are a few other reasons as well. One is that I want to feel better and 2 is that I want to spend as much time that I can with my family. I just found out a few weeks ago that my mother quit smoking. She was a smoker for 30 years. I have the loving support of my fiancé. Which he and both of his parents were smokers. Him and his mother both quit. But his father smoked until the day that he passes away. I know that quitting is not going to be an easy task. But I need all the help that I can get. I know that a lot of mine is emotional and boredom. I keep telling myself that I need to find me a hobby but nothing is really catching my eye. I hope that I can get the much needed support.

Reading this thread: