Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Quit Date Today!! 12am 1/17/2013

11 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Nonic, I'll do that!!
11 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie:

Well done...Physical activity is really important.  Rollerskating is an excellent choice.  The physiology of this addiction is such that cigarettes give us a boost in the old feel good neurotransmitters.  Physical activity does the same but in a way that will not harm you.  If you have not yet done so, I suggest that you research the physiology of this addiction.  It is what helped me work through my artificial need for smoking...

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,580.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1373 Hours: 18

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Breather!! Having a tough time today but trying to get my butt up to get ready to go rollerskating. Your support came at a great time, thank u :)

Cherie 
11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Cherie  How are you now ? It's been 10 days for you now , excellent for you ! You mentioned in another post about being happy about not smoking. I think that's the ticket to longevity as a non-smoker. I know that the boards here are quiet on the weekends but wanted to offer you my support again. Tell yourself that whatever happens that I won't smoke today. You were 16 months smoke free before and you can do it again one day at a time. Yay for you ! breather Don
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cherie!!!

You have the PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) to get this done!!!  You CAN do anything that you make up your mind to do!  N.O.P.E.!!!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 22

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you Ashley, Red & Breather  I'm still going to do this!! Woke up hesitant & nervous but I've been deep breathing, stretched, positive self talk, had a breakfast bar & water. I have been craving but I know it's only temporary & I just have to get through this 1st week. Right now just getting through each craving & going to make it till midnight so I can say day 1 is over!!
Some of my points of quitting are to feel healthier & cleaner inside, to have more self motivation & energy & I'm going to be 50 in April and want to start my life fresh & feel like I did when I was a dancer in high school & college.  

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Cherie!

You will do great - just keep posting and we will help you through it.

Re read the program to prepare. To start, write down all your reasons for quitting and all your reasons why you are confident this will be your final quit and keep this list by your bed. When you wake up review - you're confidence will get a boost!

What are some points you are going to put on your list?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Going Cherie. You already cut down and you'll do great...Giving a shout with my daily stats and posting my pledge to not smoke every day helped me a lot...There's lots of support here when you need it

Looking forward to seeing your quit days add up...

Red... 
11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Cherie. Welcome. You've stopped smoking for over a year bfore and you can have it again if you want it. Tell yourself that no matter what I won't smoke today. Remember that you're fighting for your life. Keep plenty of ice water on hand for the craves and healthy snacks to munch on. There are a lot of new quit buddies right now for you so you can help each other along the way. You're going to like the new you. Excellent for you. breather  
Hello, I'm Cherie This is my official quit date & time, 12AM Jan. 17, 2013  I used this wonderful site quite a few years ago  & was successful for 1yr 4mos. I'm back & hoping this will be my final quit!! I'm going to sleep now & praying that I wake up feeling as confident as I do right now. I'm hoping this time won't be as tough as the last b/c I've been down to 2 or 3 a day. Is anyone else quitting today? Well here goes,,,deep breath...

Reading this thread: