Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

The Demon has been beating on my door for 11 days, and I?m not letting it in!

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey JMK!!!

You really ARE kicking some serious demon ash!!!  Way to go, buddy!!!  I've read about your growing stash and I can tell you that it IS a great motivator!  I have a nice 55" LED TV and laptop from the savings I have achieved!  Be sure to reward yourself frequently, too!!!  Those little bits of happiness keep the brain happy and the demon away, too!!!  You're doing great!  

Jim 

• Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 7

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alexa,

I'm just chiming in as well to wish you a wonderful smoke free second week! What coping strategies can you use next week that you haven't already used?

Sonia
11 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Alexa, Just cking in today! You have a great support system on this site please stay FOCUSED you will fight this demon like we all are! Stay strong what has helped me is the Nic Gum, What ever it takes not to light up you can do this Alexa , If you need support let me know, I always need support helps me a lot to talk to other people fight this demon! CHEERS ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEKEND SMOKE FREE! JMK
11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JMK, I hope it's getting better and easier for you now. I'm on Day 5 today and have done pretty well except for a slip yesterday but I know this is going to be really hard...I feel the demon breathing down my neck as well. I'm hoping week 2 will be better than week 1 has been  Best of luck to you, looking forward to talking with all the great people on here.

11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing GREAT JMK ! Remember that what you are feeling is your body renewing itself, healing itself now that it is no longer under assault from cigarette after cigarette after cigarette. Celebrate that JMK it is a Beautiful thing.

I wish you all the best !

William - Free and Healing for One Year, Four Months, 20 Hours and 28 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 59 Days and 3 Hours, by avoiding the use of 17040 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $7,823.42.
11 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JMK,

Congrats on your 11 days of smoke free living! What have you found to be the most surprising aspect of your quit so far? What was the most challenging? What was the most rewarding?

Please keep us posted.

Sonia
11 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for the support staying strong,another great day "smoke free day" Cheers All!
11 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey JMK! Welcome and Congratulations on making it through some of the hardest time! There are lots of great, supportive people on this site. They have helped me out tremendously. Good luck and once again, welcome!!
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi JMK, 

There is much support and collective celebrations on this site.  Glad you found us!  
How does it feel to have 'hell week' behind you?  What helped you overcome cravings?

Keep up the fight!
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Big Congrats on your 11 days of freedom!
Keep on shutting that Demon out and you will be the winner every time..

Red..

Reading this thread: