Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Welcome to the SSC... don?t be shy!

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Everyone!!!

Well, another record has been set for guests viewing the site... 1223 guests!   WELCOME!!!  Read and learn, join in on the discussions, and kick that nico-demon's butt!  If you have questions or concerns, we're here to help!  

Jim 

• Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 21

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Jack!!!

Look at you now, buddy!  67 days under your belt and you are cruisin' towards the beach!!!  That prize is getting closer every day!  Great to hear from you again!

On another note,  I just looked back at the beginning of this thread and was amazed to see that the number of people viewing this site has doubled since I started this thread in April!  We'd all love to have you join us on the Forums!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Jim!!
I'm still here and felling OK. I have my high and downs...like anyone.
We are in this together!

Jack126
Hello again!!!

I've been away for a couple of weeks to 1) confer with fellow glassblowing wizards from around the world and 2) to visit my old stomping grounds, family and friends.  I was able to stop by once for a brief browse to check up on everyone, but lacked the time for comment or support, which was very hard for me!  Anyways, I'm back again with some thoughts after being away.  

First of all, I viewed a new record for people logged into the site today at 1123!!!  That number is over 100 more than I had last seen!  Congratulations to all of you for checking out the site and hopefully beginning your journey to FREEDOM!!!  I have also noticed that we have some new members posting on the forums and I would like to welcome you; Alexa, Freethree, Jenny, Dori and Connie!!!  I normally try to welcome all new posting members sooner than this, but you'll be hearing more from me! 

Also, I have noticed that there have been many members posting lately in support of our new members and it is awesome to have more support coming from all of our veteran quit buddies!!! 

Finally, I encourage all of you 1123 interested in quitting to join and become active here on the forums!!!  Expressing your thoughts and concerns and receiving feedback from those who have or are going through the quitting process can be invaluable to achieving your goal of freedom from the nico-demon! 

I loved what a recent new member wrote recently... " You CAN do it, we can help!"  We've been saying this for years here and it is the truth!  Read and learn and remember that we ARE here to help!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Ritename!

Welcome and congrats on your 44 SMOKE-FREE days!!!  Woo Hoo for you!!!  Continue on with completing the milestones in the Program!  Knowledge is Power when dealing with this addiction!  I'm sure that you have found a few more coping mechanisms since joining and there will be plenty more to come!  Stick close, read and learn from all of your new quit buddies here!  

Family and friend issues can be really tough to get through, but I want to let you know that turning to a cigarette for comfort will NOT make anything any better!  If you can't get away, just turn on your computer and hang out here!  Read, learn, post when you need to!

Boredom  can be very detrimental to a solid quit!  Hopefully by going through the Program, you can better identify what you can do to keep busy to help keep your mind off the cravings.  So, stick close, post as often as you like and hang tough!!!  You nearly have 50 days under your belt and I assure you that each passing day the nico-demon is growing weaker and weaker!  Take the fight to that sucker and vow to never let it win even one more battle!  It's great to have you here!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I just found this forum. I didn't know it existed.  I stopped smoking at 10:00 am on 4/23/12. I am using the patch and inhaler. I am having some family and friend issues that have brought on  anxiety and some depression and it is causing my craving for a cigarette (or 3 or 4).  My craving level is about an 8.
No matter how I try distract myself (books, tv, magazines, computer) the craving is still there. I do not have a car so I can't even "get away".  I can't even go for a walk because it has been raining here on and off for 3 weeks. Any one having similar cravings and what did you do to  get rid of the cravings. I am getting pretty frustrated!.

Thanks! 
Greetings to the 937 "guests" here on the forums this afternoon!  As far as I can tell, you have set a new record for the number of guest browsers here at the SSC!  

Feel free to join the Stop Smoking Center and join in the conversations here on the forums.  You know, the more the merrier when it comes to having new quit buddies to commiserate with when going through the process of quitting!  

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the 513 "guests" browsing the forums this morning!!!  Please feel free to join us and participate in the different conversations here.  I'm sure that most all of you may have something to share that could be relevant in helping here on their journey towards freedom!  

Engaging in conversation with other quitters and providing support to all of the great quit buddies I have met here really helped me to quit and maintain my quit over the years.  I'm betting that it may be of benefit to you, too!  Hey, browser number 277, come on down!  You're the next poster on the SSC forums!!   

What do you think??  Don't be shy, give it a try!  We're here to help and that is all!  

Jim

• Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Tired Mommy!!!

Welcome and congrats for taking that first step towards freedom!!!  It may well be the hardest thing that you will ever do, but just keep your eyes on the prize!!  It is SOOOO worth it!!!  Stick close, read and learn from all of your new quit buddies here and post if you have any questions or concerns!  We're here to help!

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 76 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So good to hear from people who have gone through what I am. I started smoking in college and am now 35. My husband is a smoker but otherwise no one in my family smokes and I have tried to hide it for years. I am sick of being ashamed of my habit, sneaking around and always worrying about smelling like smoke and getting "busted!"  I have children now, and  I want to see them grow up and not set a bad example. It is hard to imagine not smoking, like losing a friend. I know when my kids drive me insane I will struggle but it has to happen, I am sick of being sick and tired. Sick of laying awake at night thinking of all of the horrible smoking related diseases I must have! I feel good about quitting, but scared.

Reading this thread: