Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Made it through day one!

12 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there 0117. You had a rough first day, but you made it through the day without smoking. Good for you! Your friends will come back, the smokers maybe not so quickly but the others will.  Did you know that the first three days are the worst? And if you are as determined as you sound, you will get through this with flying colors. Yes, it is a choice, and some days are tough, so make sure you have some back up plans. (gum, candy, straws, whatever works for you) just take it one day at a time and soon you'll be at 30 days, then 60 then a year. Time does fly by, let it fly by you as a non smoker! Get yourself free of this addiction and enjoy the freedom that awaits you!
12 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I root for you!! :) I too am on day 3 now after i crooked (stopped a week and then smoked sigh...)  I am determined.  I am even on champix and it helps.  Let us not give in. I read here last night one of the regulars explained that a craving is just that... a craving, a negative emotion.  And if you let it ride for a few minutes, it will pass.... 
I remember that now every time it comes..... 
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you 0117! Motivation and a good program (like following the one here at SSC) and always remembering Not One Puff Ever!  That means never ever taking that first puff, however you can figure out to make that happen - That understanding really helped give me the confidence I needed to get through the early days of my quit (and any crazy little cravings that have popped up since).
So good motivation to you!  Eyja
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome and thanks for sharing with us!  You have a few hard days and this is to be expected..you progressed through this and know that we are proud of you!

Get out some coping mechanisms and kick this addiction where it hurts!

Keep us posted!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
0017  I don't beleive that luck has anything to do with it either but we're rooting for you to make it. Excellent for you. breather
12 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit smoking yesterday, and what a first day it was. I this is my third go at quitting, and I am DETERMINED this time. I KNOW that I can do it.
So yesterday: everything at work was going wrong, I got in a huge fight and lost my best friend, people invited me out for smoke breaks, my friend tried to smoke
in my car, I had a beer, he smoked on the couch right beside me, I was stressing ETC and I STILL DIDN'T SMOKE!!!! :D I am so proud of myself. I made it though
and didn't even flip on anyone :) I hope you all have as much motivation as me because I now believe that is the trick. You have to KNOW that you can and are going to
BE A NON-SMOKER. That is just the way it is now. I wish you all luck, but that's not what you need you need condifience, but all the same good luck to all!

Reading this thread: