Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

So I f?d up...

12 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ghoti, just always remember that a smoke isn't going to fix, cure, repair, replace, ease, help, bring back, take away, or any other verb what is going on in our lives. 
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ghoti3,

Aloha is right, don't beat yourself up.  You know you can do it and you know how great you felt having quit for nearly 3 weeks.  Keep hold of that feeling when the temptation arises and remember the pledges you've made to yourself.

How will you handle things differently next time your parents come to visit?

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So ghoti3....nearly 3 weeks eh? Sounds like you have a record to beat ! And I'm thinking ... once you do ... you ain't letting it go again.
12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dont beat yourself up, but dont make it a pattern either. Learn something from it. Look inside and figure out what exactly triggered you....your mom smoking? Stress about them visiting? Feeling like you were missing out? Once you know that you can prepare for similar situations in the future. Do you want to quit? Throw them away! Destroy them! Then do something nice for yourself to celebrate. It's a great thing not smoking, as you caught a glimpse of. Just put one day in front of another and pretty soon you'll be a happy nonsmoker. Just don't let the nicotine get its hooks too deep into you.
-aloha 
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know this is not a new topic...but I f'd up.  I was almost 3 weeks into my quit, sadly longer than I have ever been.  My lungs were healing, smell coming back....feeling very good!  But then my parents came to town.  Dun, dun ,dunnnnnnnn.  I know, I know that I need coping strategies for this. My mother smokes, and the whole time she was here I was thinking "man, I wish she would quit smoking!"  Then they left and I bought a pack.  Ugh.  I feel terrible.  Help!

Reading this thread: