Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

How?s she goin? b?ys?

13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow is right, ready! Despite it being difficult, you're doing it!!! Just hang in there a bit longer and it won't be so hard any more. Please, please, please be so nice to yourself this weekend. Think of the nicest things you can do for yourself and do them because of how nice you're being, and how wonderful the future will be without those cigarettes. Go to the movies, sleep as long as you want, hug yourself, heck, even dance in your undies!..hahahaha...this is just great! You're now a nonsmoker! Oh! and maybe make a Crave basket for work next week, filled with little treats and things to do like word finds, crosswords, a trashy magazine instead of smoking during breaks. Report in please too. We care
-aloha
13 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Major congratulations to you, Ready2quit.  You're doing great.  The sleep disturbances may continue for a couple of weeks, but they will begin to subside soon.  In the meantime, take very good care of yourself.  As one of the very old guard that used to be here would say, "Slip into the slow lane for a while."
13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ready2Quit! Amazing stats already  Good luck with your great motivation to keep saying NOPE right through your first weekend of your Quit! Maybe your 'keeping my fingers crossed' strategy will keep them too busy to even think about holding  a cigarette!   eya
13 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So far:

Since Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2011, I've been smoke free: 2 days, 8 hours, 32 minutes.
I have saved $43.75 by not smoking 58 cigarettes.

Woohoo!

But, wow, it's hard. The only difference this time is that I'm so happy about it. I even jumped around a little out of joy before struggling to fall asleep last night, hahaha. So we'll see! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my motivation up. 
13 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Ready2Quit! Add the quit meter to your profile if you can, it is a really helpful tool, and it is
so inspiring to watch the days add up and the money saved too. (Check out how much I have saved - WOW)
You can do it. Keep on going. Keep on saying NOPE!
I made it through yesterday. :) I had some pretty bad symptoms though - I couldn't even sleep properly. But that's fine. I'm tired but proud today, hahaha...

And now I'm sitting at my desk, eating fresh berries, drinking green tea, and chewing mint toothpicks.All of my coworkers have already caught on and are either no longer asking me to go for a smoke or are stopping by to wish me luck. Feels good - we'll see how it goes today... I'm doing it regardless, but I hope it's easy. 
13 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, ready2quit.  Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on kicking off your freedom from smoking.  It doesn't matter how many times you've started a quit in the past, nor how long you have gotten in any of them.  Every quit is different, even for an individual person.  Don't expect this one to follow the old patterns.  Do expect this one to last forever. 

As for the challenges you're facing on your profile, look at the bottom of this screen.  You'll see a lightbulb icon and below it will be a "Feedback" link.  Use that to bring up tech questions and issues with performance or behavior of the site.  

Keep up the great quit, ready2quit.  
Still doesn't work. I do see the picture I uploaded under "Your current picture icon:" but I can't change any of the other settings:

Show me this many posts per page: 15
Show your picture icon: No
Show if you are male or female: No
Show what country you are from: No
Show your age: No
My Occupation:
My Hobbies:
Your signature: 

I change the defaults and enter what I want into the appropriate fields - but when I click Update my Profile it goes through the motions, returns to the main Support Group site, but saves nothing. If I click on Support Group Settings again, everything is back to default.

13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Try logging out and clearing your cookies.

Then try logging in again and let us know via feedback if you have any more issues!

Josie, Health Educator
One question - how do I update my Support Group Settings? It uploaded my avatar, but everytime I try to change any of the settings and click save, it just reverts back to default. So I can't add a signature, etc.

Also... just got home from work. I'm making supper and simultaneously throwing out my (full of tempting butts) ashtrays. 

Reading this thread: