Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

How?s she goin? b?ys?

13 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bad news. The people at the party called this mutual friend and I and asked us to come - so we did. And we slipped up. A lot. I smoked, over the course of the weekend, probably about a pack and a half.

But I'm back to not smoking again today. And I'm not resetting my quit meter. I'm just going to subtract a bit from it, hahaha!
I liked that suggestion, so that's what I did. I don't know if the mutual friend will still go... but I committed to not going myself.
13 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't go. Tell the mutual friend about the party and then, don't go together!!

• Quit Meter

$56,727.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 15

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Today was the first time I got to enter "No significant withdrawal symptoms"! Woohoo!
Oy... I was invited to a party next weekend. I'd really love to go but I don't think I should. There will definitely be smokers there, and possibly smoking in the apartment.

I'm the... point of contact... between the host and another mutual friend who is also quitting. I think I won't go and won't tell the mutual friend it's even happening. What do you think? 
13 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ready, one week is great! Nice that the thoughts are diminishing. Sounds like the self talk is working. I used to literally argue with myself. My nonsmoking self always won out ; ) Not sure this would be the best plan during bus rides, but maybe in the privacy of your own home ; )

Yay Eya!!! One whole month! Sounds like you've got a good perspective on it. The health benefits of being smokefree vs weight gain,and are taking steps to prevent the weight gain this time. Keep up the good work!
13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi new Quitter buds : ) Ready!  You sound like you're doin' great!  When I fell off my 3 year Quit, I did it in a moment of stressed out weakness & also I was fed up with myself (pun intended). I kept piling the lbs on because I kept substituting snacks for cravings - pretty soon I was wearing my hubby's jeans.  I couldn't fit in my own clothes and didn't want to buy 'fat' clothes. One of our guy friends at the time started calling me 'She who wears His pants' as a joke. The nickname stuck because I let it bug me.  I kept wearing jack shirts and hubby's jeans for a long time.  Then I caved and started smoking again-sure enough in 2 months I was back to my usual 1/2 pk a day - But I felt like a Winner  cuz it only took 2 months of cigar smoking to lose all 30 lbs of weight gained.  
3 years of closet smoking later - with subsequent guilt wracked conscience, lung damage, teeth stains, support from family and friends greatly diminished and confidence in myself eroded - I finally came here to try this Quit again.  So now, after 1 month Quit,  I 'post' here when I find myself  in between productive things to do - also go to gym; walk dog and be grateful for my life. Losing those few lbs at the time was NO WAY worth going through this Quit all over again 3 yrs later! But am sure grateful for the kind words of support found here!  Hope you do great with your Quit! Welcome to the 2011 Newer (here) NOPERS!  
I feel fantastic today! At midnight tonight I will have been quit for an entire week! :) Woohoo!

Also, the cravings really are... subsiding. On the bus ride to work today I consciously noticed I was thinking about something a friend posted on Facebook last night and not about cigarettes. And when I realized that, I went right back to thinking about different things - not cigarettes.

I'm still repeating, "I release the need for this in my life!" over and over in my head (that quote was posted by Sandi), and I read Luna's long post in that thread you guys bumped. I loved the line, "I'm a junkie. I'm always just one puff away from smoking again". That really helped to... cement my decision to quit and reinforce how seriously I need to take it.
Yeah, I guess it's not a sustainable idea - hahaha!

Tonight went fine. Very easy to get through. Now having a green tea and toothpicks and I'll be going to bed early to sleep away as much of this hell week as possible! 

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good work, Ready2Quit! Success on the first weekend is a great milestone and it sounds like you kinda already rewarded yourself! I'm sure you know that raiding the ice cream freezer might be best as a rare, emergency plan! Regardless, it's great that you went to the store and still stuck with our quit instead of giving in.

Also, a good reminder to wait out the craving. They often pass quickly and most folks are amazed at that.

You are almost through Hell Week so keep up the great work!!

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,462.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 17

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked