Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

How?s she goin? b?ys?

12 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's Day 40. :)  Woohoo!
Thank you! :)

Day 37 - I will not smoke today. :)
12 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Readytoquit..

WHOOO HOOO for YOU!!
Keep it going!! 

Julie
I can't see the Avoiding Relapse forum anymore - so I'll do this here:

Day 35 - I will not smoke today. :) WOOHOO!!! 
I'm used to the 14mg patch now - and have been for days.

I just went to the pharmacy to buy this week's box of 14mg patches and they all their patches on sale for $19.99 for a box of seven (they're usually $34 here). So I bought one box of 14mg patches and the two boxes of 7mg patches that will come next.

So exciting. I'm almost free. ;) Just three more weeks! And then a couple more with gum. 
Oh, one other way I know I'm having mild withdrawals/cravings:

Last night I felt absolutely starving! Luckily I filled the fridge with carrots, peppers, yogurt, rice chips, hummus, etc... so I just gorged on all of that instead of junk food. But, yeah, I was craving snacks as much as I did on previous, cold turkey quit attempts.

I think I've adjusted today.

I had sliced red and orange peppers with yogurt for breakfast. I bought a lamb gyro pita for lunch - it's a pita stuffed with lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce - with cooked meat, mushrooms, onion and green peppers. Delicious - and relatively healthy. It doesn't come with any side dishes, either, so those are some calories not consumed.

And, right now, for a snack I'm having some more yogurt.

Going well.

I also quit Diet Pepsi yesterday. I haven't had one since Tuesday evening. I usually drank up to 3L/day.

And I don't feel overwhelmed at all. I'd have to force myself to quit drinking Diet Pepsi, really, I'm so anxious to just be rid of all these unhealthy habits. 
OK - Day 2 with the lower dose (14mg) patch.

Yesterday I had minor cravings - probably a 2/10. It was very annoying because, psychologically, I'm so far past that. But I think I figured out what I needed:

My pharmacist suggested I remove the 21mg patch before going to bed, having a gum first thing in the morning to satisfy that craving, and then apply the next day's patch. She said that would relieve a lot of the side effects of the patch, such as having strange, vivid dreams.

So I've been doing that when I felt up for it and I did it the day before I forgot to wear my 21mg patch and rushed to buy the 14mg ones. That's why I think my cravings were so strong. I basically quit cold turkey for more than 12 hours.

Last night I kept the 14mg patch on all night and today I feel much better. There's still a tiny, tiny bit of withdrawal/craving - meaning I think about it a little more than I did on the 21mg patch - but it's much better than yesterday. It's definitely too low for me to choose 1/10. I'd have to still say 0/10.

So - woohoo! 14mg patches it is! I only have four more weeks of patches left and then I'm FREE! :D 
I still see my stats when I sign in. But a while ago I stopped being able to see everyone's. I have to open your profiles to see. :D
12 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Ready,
Keep the higher dose patches just for emergencies.  I went CT but had some patches just in case and still have them because I never used them.  Do anything but smoke and you will be fine. By the way you should set up your stats like the rest of us. If you have problems doing that you can email SSC and they will help.

Good Luck,
Ron 
Thank you! :)

That's the same option my Mom and the two coworkers I asked chose. So A it is!

OK, now that I've decided I feel calm about it. Definitely the right choice.

Reading this thread: